Lieutenant
# 1 Whats up with botting in STO
12-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Last 2 days I encountered 2 botters. 1 in an STF and the other in PVP. Is Cryptic doing something about the guys if GM reports are been made ?
Career Officer
# 2
12-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Well, this leads to the ancient question how you recognize botters....
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Lieutenant
# 3
12-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Fairly simple. In the STF they fly straight to the Gate have a ton of injuries and repeat this over and over. I saw the same thing in a pvp with the difference nobody shot this guy hew flew all the way into the wall and stayed there for the rest of the match.

Its annoying to say the least if you are trying to make a team effort to win a pvp match or do the STF and you have 1 guy out of 5 not participating because they are not really there.
Captain
# 4
12-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorstegi View Post
Fairly simple. In the STF they fly straight to the Gate have a ton of injuries and repeat this over and over. I saw the same thing in a pvp with the difference nobody shot this guy hew flew all the way into the wall and stayed there for the rest of the match.

Its annoying to say the least if you are trying to make a team effort to win a pvp match or do the STF and you have 1 guy out of 5 not participating because they are not really there.
There will always be botters, but the increased pressure on resources and time wrought by Season 7 just increases the temptation (and profitability) to just afk though all the tedious grinding.
Lieutenant
# 5
12-05-2012, 09:59 AM
afk is one thing but bots who run all day while nobody is on the keyboard is another and very annoying to say the least...
Captain
# 6
12-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Maybe they are extremely incompetent players.
Empire Veteran
# 7
12-05-2012, 10:40 AM
It won't surprise me if they are bots, afterall it is a F2P game with many people having makeshift accounts. On top of that, BOTS is a specialty for the Asian Farmers. This make perfectly good sense.

There are already numerous Gold Sellers spamming away over at ESD etc...

Where do you think these people actually get their EC from? Dedicated Gameplay? I think not - smells like BOT-ville to me.

This is also complicated by CRYPTIC poor track record of immediately addressing reportables or ticket inquiries. We all know of those infamous automated soulless responses.