Commander
I was looking at the STO news,and it mentioned about the latest rubbish project to come,to do with ornaments. No doubt it will be 200,000 dilithium again for this.
What a complete waste.
I have a better idea for dilithium use,for a very reasonable price,how about using it to instantly complete any project. starbase,embassy or any personal rep project as well.
I am sure many would pay dilithium for that,to help develope alot quicker.
Career Officer
# 2
12-06-2012, 03:58 AM
I must admit, I'd probably put some dilithium toward reducing the cooldown of the starbase tier upgrades.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Career Officer
# 3
12-06-2012, 04:10 AM
They should have made Dilithium the standard currency.
Career Officer
# 4
12-06-2012, 06:05 AM
Well, these projects do add aesthetic appeal but I agree that given the hefty dilithium cost associated with them they should provide some sort of bonus or functionality. Maybe a reduction in costs associated with other things or reducing timers on certain things.
Career Officer
# 5
12-06-2012, 06:41 AM
I stared at my calculator absently for a little bit, then I tried putting in a few numbers and got some interesting results.

At a rate of 2 dilithium per second, a cooldown of 20 hours could be completely reduced with 144,000 dilithium. Too much, perhaps that anyone would want to pay that for every single project, but not enough to preclude it when a player or fleet feels that a particular project cannot wait. I think if such a thing were implemented, that it should not award fleet credit for dil contributions that lower project cooldowns. It should serve as a tax on impatience as much as it serves as an instant completion option.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.

Last edited by curs0r; 12-06-2012 at 06:44 AM.