Captain
# 101
12-08-2012, 06:04 AM
I received a reply from a fleetie stating that 15 fleets were disbanded and others damaged by a hacker and that Cryptic is working to resolve it. I've asked him to post here and gave him a link to the thread.
Ensign
# 102
12-14-2012, 10:37 PM
we posted about it made a ticket and requested gm help.

you want to know the response we got, it wasn't good and it was all strictly from perfect world and not cryptic.

we were told that permission settings SHOULD have prevented these people from joining and being able to access the bank much less promote themselves in able to do what was done. they are basically placing blame on the victims here. they say we let them in and what was done was a result of our negligence.

even though we could prove that they hacked their way in, and have screenshots to do so. they basically are blaming us for the incident. they don't even admit that it was a hack attempt, so I think its best to just rite things off, they aren't listening anyway. sorry to sound negative but that is all the truth.
Captain
# 103
12-15-2012, 02:50 AM
So what happend, the people stole everything from the bank and disbanded the fleet ?

We no longer include the forums, or players in general - tacofangs
Career Officer
# 104
12-15-2012, 08:15 AM
Our fleet pretty much evaporated except for a small core, as soon as the NDA was lifted from closed beta. We had been building since the first Cryptic forums went up. We've added a few here and there, and a couple have come back, but for the most part, there are rarely more than three of us on at any given time. My KDF captain is in an unaffiliated fleet, but it's small too, and seems to be growing daily. I don't think either fleets will be taking part in the fleetpocalypse.
Ensign
# 105
12-15-2012, 09:27 AM
I noticed in this game that fleet is just a name. No one does mission ops together. There sems to be no activity to bring fleet members together.
I tried to organize an event today. We'd run missions as a flreet from 4pm until whenever....no one in fleet even said anything. There were 18 out of 146 online
Lt. Commander
# 106
12-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
CRYPTIC should impliment a system in which the creator of a fleet gets an automatic mail when a fellow co-leader tries to demote the original leader in an attempt at a hostile take over.

or

The original leader should be allowed to have a personal password to remain as co-leader, just in case there is an attempt at a hostile take over - of course the 30 day inactivity policy should remain in effect for an instant demotion.
Why? Responsibility of the Leader to maintain order in his fleet, if they give their other members full access to the fleet, it is his choice and his responsibility if it comes back to bite him and the fleet in the butt at a future date.

Personal Responsibility, its a hard topic to understand in today's world, but please try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
You have to pay attention to them or allow them into your fleet in order for them to affect your gameplay experience at all.
Not just that, you have to give someone the permissions in the bank, and in the fleet to really do any damage. Making it the FLEET's fault if something happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerain View Post
even though we could prove that they hacked their way in, and have screenshots to do so.
Post them here publicly or PM me them, cause until you do I'm going to say your flat out lying.

Jim
Lt. Commander
# 107
12-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris5150b View Post
I noticed in this game that fleet is just a name. No one does mission ops together. There sems to be no activity to bring fleet members together.
I tried to organize an event today. We'd run missions as a flreet from 4pm until whenever....no one in fleet even said anything. There were 18 out of 146 online
You should join a smaller fleet, with members who are up for playing a match together. Instead of being just a number.

Jim
Lieutenant
# 108
12-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
So what happend, the people stole everything from the bank and disbanded the fleet ?
Sounds to me like the leader got hacked and the hacker disbanded the fleet, instead of taking responsibility himself, he made it sound like it was cryptic's fault.
Survivor of Romulus
# 109
12-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Dentals are unlikely to be behind this

firstly its not their usual MO
secondly this seems to require MUCH more patience than a dental usually has
Captain
# 110
12-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim940 View Post
Why? Responsibility of the Leader to maintain order in his fleet, if they give their other members full access to the fleet, it is his choice and his responsibility if it comes back to bite him and the fleet in the butt at a future date.

Personal Responsibility, its a hard topic to understand in today's world, but please try.

Not just that, you have to give someone the permissions in the bank, and in the fleet to really do any damage. Making it the FLEET's fault if something happens.

Post them here publicly or PM me them, cause until you do I'm going to say your flat out lying.

Jim
That's really rude. Exactly who are you again? Where does your insight into what happened come from?

The reported bug is that fleet members were able to do things that their permissions should have prevented.

Have you been here long? Do you really thing Cryptic's code is tight enough that this is outside the realm of possibility? Have you been here to watch them deny bugs? Did you watch players repro a bug to a dev on the STOked podcast, after that dev had insisted that it was impossible and wasn't happening? I did, and if somebody insists that there's a problem with the Cryptic's code and they refuse to take responsibility, I'm actually more inclined to believe that Cryptic is the one refusing to take "Personal Responsibility" because they have done the same in the past.

Calling somebody a liar on a subject which you have no firsthand knowledge of basically makes you come across as an internet tough guy, "Jim."
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Dentals are unlikely to be behind this

firstly its not their usual MO
secondly this seems to require MUCH more patience than a dental usually has
Holy crap, twice in one day I'm /agreed. Scary.