It's clear the last few posters may not have gotten the gist of the OP. It was summed up as several fleets being wiped out in short order order the other day, apparently at no fault of the leader or anyone from the fleet:
Originally Posted by adrianasrx
The person who nuked the fleets was able to give himself GM privileges and invite themselves to the fleet without members inviting him. He then proceeded to wipe out the fleet. From the information I have heard he did this out of PURE SPITE. This happened to at least 15 different fleets, happened over the period of about an hour. There is NO alternate explanation PERIOD. So please stop trying make it look like anything else other than what it is. I know for a fact that LOD was one of the fleets this happened to, also apparently Sad Pandas got hit
(1) Smaller fleets are burning out. Twenty to fifty people are trying to do what four hundred people are doing. Smaller fleets cannot make it past the heavy resource requirements of tier two and three.
(2) Since some of the tier three and four fleets are giving away provisions, the smaller fleets are having a hard time staying in tact. Smaller fleets cannot compete with the recruitment perks, which the higher tier fleets are able to give away.
(3) As a result of trying to tackle everything at once, (fleet bases, reputation system, and embassies), smaller fleets are feeling discouraged. People are giving up.
(4) Recruitment pool has dwindled. Since the majority of the players already belong to fleets, smaller fleets are having a hard time recruiting new members.
(5) Cost of limited time featured projects are a morale killer. Projects such as these should be sold for 100,000 dilithium, for they are meant to boost a fleet's morale and social capabilities.
(6) Fleet politics and greed.
While Cryptic is considering the resource requirement issue, they are not stepping back to see the whole picture.
(1) Reduce the resource requirements across the board (fleet bases and embassies), so that a fleet of a hundred players can reach tier five.
(2) Reduce the recruitment/size cap of fleets. Instead of allowing them to become four hundred members strong, lower the maximum fleet size to between 150 and 200 members.
Why does Cryptic only want a handful of fleets to exist?
While these are valid sentiments, this thread is about an individual with a revenge motive, trashing fleets because of HIS bad attitude necessitating his removal from the fleet.
So it is a bug or someone exploiting one, wouldn't be the first. Will be interesting how long it will take cryptic to fully restore them and solve the problem, i estimate 5 month to identify the problem...another 2 to solve it.
And when it is solved i'm interested what got broken in return.
never the less, pretty sure all will be restored in a few days.