Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Friendliest online community
12-05-2012, 01:02 AM
I don't really consider myself a hardcore gamer, since I'm way too busy for it, nor do I consider myself someone who engages myself in a game's community very often.

I've played different online games in my time, and I unfortunately usually encounter a bitter community, who enjoys berating other players, misleading noobs, and just general trolliness.

In STO however, forum or in-game, I rarely encounter the aforementioned trolls. Instead, I find a generally friendly and helpful community. In fact, the only time I encounter anger between players is when someone messes up in an elite stf or in Ker'rat.

I can't help but wonder, is this because of the nature of Star Trek, and the messages it tries to send, or did this game just get lucky and get a friendly community?
Captain
# 2
12-05-2012, 01:03 AM
Spend more time at DS9.
# 3
12-05-2012, 01:06 AM
hmm... actually, I only hang around ESD in-game, so maybe there's other places that aren't so friendly that I just haven't spent time in.
Republic Veteran
# 4
12-05-2012, 01:13 AM
I always run into friendly players lately....might have something to do with my Ignore list being longer than a dictionary.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Career Officer
# 5
12-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtassadar View Post
hmm... actually, I only hang around ESD in-game, so maybe there's other places that aren't so friendly that I just haven't spent time in.
Only where the trolls hang out. A phaser shot to the backside sorts them out.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Cryptic, I'll take your fancy T6 Ships and blow them out of the star's with my mighty T5 Vor'Cha!
Captain
# 6
12-05-2012, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtassadar View Post
Stay away from DS9 and Drozana station as thats where most of the trolls live. My advice would be to turn off your chat in those areas or ignore it.
Career Officer
# 7
12-05-2012, 03:27 AM
sto is the only mmo that I've played with an ignore list longer than my friend list.