Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 283
# 31
12-05-2012, 02:31 PM
My name is Brody, Martin Brody. I am a member of ToS Veterens. Once a week our fleet dose private challenge matches, where fun is priority one. If something is considered too unsavory, like Danube Spam, we simply ask not to use it. It allows us to introduce PvP to players who otherwise are leery, and justly so, of PvP. It works out great. We get so many casual-type pvpers logging on for fleet pvp night that our organizer has his hands full just trying to balance teams.

We also have a pre-made team. We love the intense challenges the many super pvp fleets present us. We go into those kinds of matches knowing its No Quarter. We know nothing is off limits and there is a chance we might get utterly rolled. If that happens, we get up and dust eachother off with no hard feelings.

The jungle is the jungle; nothing is fair, nothing is too savage.

Good luck in finding peace of mind in this long, long issue.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 151
# 32
12-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oridjerraa View Post
My name is Brody, Martin Brody. I am a member of ToS Veterens. Once a week our fleet dose private challenge matches, where fun is priority one. If something is considered too unsavory, like Danube Spam, we simply ask not to use it. It allows us to introduce PvP to players who otherwise are leery, and justly so, of PvP. It works out great. We get so many casual-type pvpers logging on for fleet pvp night that our organizer has his hands full just trying to balance teams.

We also have a pre-made team. We love the intense challenges the many super pvp fleets present us. We go into those kinds of matches knowing its No Quarter. We know nothing is off limits and there is a chance we might get utterly rolled. If that happens, we get up and dust eachother off with no hard feelings.

The jungle is the jungle; nothing is fair, nothing is too savage.


Good luck in finding peace of mind in this long, long issue.
Pvp is the jungle. No team setup or consoles are forbidden from being used. It can be a brutal place to learn pvp in. It is even more brutal to survive for very long. I like it. You sir have summed up the predicament to a "T" in that one line.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,123
# 33
12-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oridjerraa View Post
We also have a pre-made team. We love the intense challenges the many super pvp fleets present us. We go into those kinds of matches knowing its No Quarter. We know nothing is off limits and there is a chance we might get utterly rolled. If that happens, we get up and dust eachother off with no hard feelings.
Sounds like the fleet I am a member of. We do not dictate to each other what they should or shouldn't use. We only suggest, and it is ultimately up to the individual to take our suggestions or not. Whether it be private queues or public arenas. The point is to have fun.

We play expecting to get cheesed. No hard feelings whether we win or lose.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 363
# 34
12-05-2012, 03:12 PM
You guys have to realize something here.

That the effects of that attitude of "anything goes" really does impact this community weather you like it or not or disagree with it.

There is absolutely nothing "fun" about flying from the respawn point and back into a combat situation only to find yourself grav pulsed, SN doff'd, then tric bombed over and over and over again.

Jungle or no jungle, we are not apes to grit our teeth at one another like a bunch of animals. Just adhere to the frustrations and show some empathy to those that express those concerns and frustrations.

Use your junk in Kerrat, in STFs, in private matches, but going around using that crap on people in the queues is just trolling. You don't like it when it's done to you, so don't do it to others. Challenge yourself, not others that use the junk.

Fight the good fight should be our motto from here on. We all know what's messed up and what isn't. We should all convene together every now and then to discuss these things VERBALLY rather than hide behind keyboards, fleet tags, Dev negligence, and use harsh words and phrases.

INTERNATIONALPVP.TYPEFRAG.COM:62245
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 182
# 35
12-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
You guys have to realize something here.

That the effects of that attitude of "anything goes" really does impact this community weather you like it or not or disagree with it.

There is absolutely nothing "fun" about flying from the respawn point and back into a combat situation only to find yourself grav pulsed, SN doff'd, then tric bombed over and over and over again.

Jungle or no jungle, we are not apes to grit our teeth at one another like a bunch of animals. Just adhere to the frustrations and show some empathy to those that express those concerns and frustrations.

Use your junk in Kerrat, in STFs, in private matches, but going around using that crap on people in the queues is just trolling. You don't like it when it's done to you, so don't do it to others. Challenge yourself, not others that use the junk.

Fight the good fight should be our motto from here on. We all know what's messed up and what isn't. We should all convene together every now and then to discuss these things VERBALLY rather than hide behind keyboards, fleet tags, Dev negligence, and use harsh words and phrases.

INTERNATIONALPVP.TYPEFRAG.COM:62245
Well said!

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,123
# 36
12-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
There is absolutely nothing "fun" about flying from the respawn point and back into a combat situation only to find yourself grav pulsed, SN doff'd, then tric bombed over and over and over again.
My Fleet Tactical Escort Retrofit has been the target of a team gravity pulse/anchor focus fire. There was tricobalts being deployed as well. Our premade was outnumbered shortly after the match started. Our 5th team member, for some reason, was sent to the opposing team and we had a PUG player that left not long after we started. While he didn't try his hardest to help his team out, he did manage to kill a few of us.

That said, we did struggle in the beginning, down 6 to 0. We adapted to their strategy and came roaring back. We lost, but the final score was 13-15. Again, this was with the match being 4 vs 5 for 90% of the match.

Would we have liked to have won? Sure. Did we go rage on the forums after it? No. We still had fun.

In fact, some of our worse losses in a PUG match was a 0-15 score against Critz and Turkish RPH. Did we cry about those losses? No, we just realized there are a lot of things we need to work on.

And, frankly, none of you have any clout in dictating your way of playing to everyone else. PvP reputation only goes far with people who care. I want to play the game the way I want. My fleet members feel the same way. I'm sure the majority of the not-so-elite PvPers also feel the same.

In any case, with the new Embassy Sci consoles and the Zero-Point Energy Conduit consoles, I may end up getting rid of one of the one console slot I use to swap out abilities consoles. If you want Cryptic to do something about the ability consoles, keep encouraging them to put out more and more amazing passive consoles.

Last edited by shookyang; 12-05-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 151
# 37 challenge yourself.. .sure.
12-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
You guys have to realize something here.

That the effects of that attitude of "anything goes" really does impact this community weather you like it or not or disagree with it.

There is absolutely nothing "fun" about flying from the respawn point and back into a combat situation only to find yourself grav pulsed, SN doff'd, then tric bombed over and over and over again.

Jungle or no jungle, we are not apes to grit our teeth at one another like a bunch of animals. Just adhere to the frustrations and show some empathy to those that express those concerns and frustrations.

Use your junk in Kerrat, in STFs, in private matches, but going around using that crap on people in the queues is just trolling. You don't like it when it's done to you, so don't do it to others. Challenge yourself, not others that use the junk.

Fight the good fight should be our motto from here on. We all know what's messed up and what isn't. We should all convene together every now and then to discuss these things VERBALLY rather than hide behind keyboards, fleet tags, Dev negligence, and use harsh words and phrases.

INTERNATIONALPVP.TYPEFRAG.COM:62245
If you challenge yourself and that is your choice so be it. But if other players in this game have a difference of opinion when it comes to the broken skills; the ships, the consoles and all the cheese and crap and cookie cutter nonsense that is now STO pvp... that doesn't give one group of people who decide not to run something in the public queue the go ahead to slander and devalue and demoralize the other group that might see the situation differently.

Even moreso it is very unwise to assume the very fleets who have made the decision to run whatever is considered to be cheap and skill less right now; did not also lobby NOT TO run what was cheap and skill less back in the day. I lobbied for 7th Core not to run Faw when it was broken. Other fleets did. We were trash talked. I lobbied to not run fbp when it was broken. Some klingon fleets took it to a whole new level. Ask Kedric from S.O.B. if what i'm saying is not true. I have always been against "the cheese". Its everyone else who has failed to meet the challenge. And if not right now certainly at some other time even if only for a moment in this game.

And then we have Devoras from TSI. Can you honestly say for sure he's not right in his post? Can you doubt with 100% certainty he has in fact been an admirable player and NOT run the same skills he's been killed by when maybe not running with a full TSI premade so much that it led him to become fed up? The same skills other fleets also said they wouldn't use but then used them anyway? Can you honestly say Devoras or any player is not right to be fed up with this whole notion about what is accepted or not accepted in PvP when not just one fleet but MANY FLEETS both well known and who play often; as well as fleets who are'nt so well known and do not play so often use this.... "cheese"?

And what do you tell up and coming fleets who don't see it your way? They've learned they can use these to their advantage. What if they use the "cheese" exceptionally well? Can you say with 100% certainty that in fact these players have 0 skill WITHOUT the skills/consoles/ships/doffs etc that they currently use either alone or as a full fleet team?

I can tell you I've challenged myself for a long time. I've lost members because of my choice to do so. And even then been **** talked by the "elites" who think they are above everyone else. I'll accept your challenge and encourage my fleet to do the same. So long as you don't slander or demoralize any players in this game who may not choose to also endorse your idea about what a perfect pvp should look like.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.

Last edited by tripwire690; 12-05-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 38
12-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Regarding Pay-to-win consoles. . .I'm of mixed opinions. I might be biased by the fact that I fly a hit-and-run BoP build in PvP, which doesn't leave a lot of room for tanking or clearing sci-spam.

I absolutely loathe groups of players that throw around graviton pulses, subnukes (doffs or regular), and a couple other things. I don't loathe players who use subspace jump.

I guess my particular sticking point is 'skill'. Graviton pulse is a console that only requires a modicum of timing ability. Yeah, it can be cleared with Sci Team. . .which means escort, destroyers, and most BoPs are probably screwed, as it interferes with the very important Tactical Team setup. Subspace jump is a console that requires a little more skill, and won't help you much if you don't have an alpha to take advantage of the repositioning.

I freely admit that I use P2W myself. I use the Impulse Capacitance Cell and the Magnetometric Overload. The cell is only useful for escaping, and I basically only have it on hand because I fly a BoP, and I run into a lot of people who like to immobilize me. . .if I were using a fleet destroyer or a fleet escort, I probably wouldn't use it. The Magnetometric Overload is hardly 'OP'. It stuns and knocks the target back a few km. Fully specc'd, it can be very effective, as the stun can last 5-10 seconds. Players such as myself and Zirac use 'em. I don't have it fully specc'd, but I probably should. I don't use plasmonic leech or the siphon drones.

I don't believe in using certain P2W consoles. They make things too easy. I wish others would follow this sort of principle and just abstain from certain types of consoles. As it is. . .if I see someone using these consoles, especially in a coordinated spam-like manner, I just avoid them. One of the perks of doing all your PvP in Ker'rat, I guess.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,026
# 39
12-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Nova Core made their bed, now they must lay in it. However, it is nice to see you are trying to clean up y'alls image a bit. Having premades running around with Voldi didn't help matters. You may need to use some bleach on those sheets.
----
@DevolvedOne
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 151
# 40 So fresh and so clean.
12-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
Nova Core made their bed, now they must lay in it. However, it is nice to see you are trying to clean up y'alls image a bit. Having premades running around with Voldi didn't help matters. You may need to use some bleach on those sheets.
Hmmm. Is it so much the bit about cleaning up our image or in fact you mean playing in such a way as to be approved by other players? Kinda like not being able to eat your lunch on the big kid's swings unless you get the schoolyard bullie's approval first?

Hmmm. Must be nice to be so fresh and clean. I appreciate your comment. Yes. I'm hear to clean up the image of Nova Core. We will answer the community's challenge to play the way the community wants us to play. I will make sure of that. And when it is all said and done and enough schoolyard bullies on the playground have been dumped headfirst into the sandbox we will go back to enjoying our lunch the way we choose to. Not the way we are told to by bullies who think they run this game because they have extremely good players. But because it is our own odd egocentric definition of "fun" we use to past the time by until life calls us back in from recess.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:17 PM.