Lt. Commander
# 81 Admirable
12-07-2012, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polie05 View Post
Its been done before. We have taken nova several times in the past w/o being sire spamsalot. And your bad attributed is of my concern since he is my fleet mate. An attack on one if an attack on all.

I just think its hilarious how you all think your some sort of bad ass and you can't even beat us with your spam. Sure it's a PIA, but pure and absolute skill out beats pure noob p2w garbage.

Hell last time I beat down Nova I turned on my auto macro's and just used the mouse to pilot. Not timing anything and just auto firing everything, and yes yall still went down like Broken on a knish. nom nom nom
I have no issue with you. I'd defend my fleetmate from being attacked as well if I was in your position. It's too bad that you cannot see that your fleetmate has decided to flat out insult and **** talk me in the past when there was nothing I have done to warrant it. I've never had a problem with Broken in the past despite his complaining about being blown up when I have been on the other side of a match. And for that reason I will not respond to anymore of your posts unless they concern the main topic I presented in the original thread. I'll end by saying the way you are defending your fleetmate isn't the best way to go about it. You are welcome to pop onto our teamspeak and speak with me personally. I'd be happy to explain my side of the story in an intelligent and mature manner.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.
Starfleet Veteran
# 82
12-07-2012, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremenoob1 View Post
pre-season 7 characters do have a minor disadvantage.
I'm not saying we have disadvantage of the outcome of the equipment, more so the attaining of the equipment, new players will have to plow through leveling... hit Rear Admiral Upper and then start earning Marks to start the Rep system, where as before the reputation system you could, do a day of normal STF's and have enough EDC's for an Assimilated ship set.

The cost of attaining what we we're so easily able to get pre-season 7 is scandalous.

The newer players which I'm refering will be disadvantaged till they acquire the items, giving them incentive to use the consoles they so purchased to stay competitive.

RachelJ88
Career Officer
# 83
12-07-2012, 03:21 AM
These are my own views, not those necessarily of Every Single person associated with NC or the IA battlegroup.

1) I would tend to agree with trip on all accounts, unfortunately haters will be haters and life is too short to police an 'unpolice-able' aspect of a game.

2) I saw the hostility first begin when NC became more visible in the sto forums by way of numerous members using fleet sigs I made, something which I regret because Im pretty sure most of the aggressors didnt even give me two thoughts before then.

I myself, when pugging, have been called almost any name in the book to the point I just turn off zone chat. My two mains are a tac/tac in a defiant that flies bop style for hit/pop/runs and an engi healboat. Here's the thing tho, no p2w on my ships, no auto-macros, and I still do relatively well. Most people will tell you, I'm one of the most easy-going unassuming people of the bunch.

There are names (fleet leaders even) in this thread that state they 'took the high road'. My experience, when on my alt in a pug team of friends on alts (maybe 3 or so on TS/VENT), is that when our group starts to win against a premade (take your pick which), their p2w comes out. I'm not the type to call you names or jump on a bandwagon and disrespect your fleet name, but don't think yourself my better because you rate your personal character via a game. The difference is you choose to do things when you think no one is looking.

3) There are premades, and there are 'premades' composed of pugs not on TS/VENT from the same fleet. I find the latter to be more my cup of tea.

That said, I haven't pvp'ed all that much in a long while, I slap myself silly to say that Im actually enjoy pveing the romulan stuff more than pvp.

4) People that love to, will smear Nova Core's name whatever chance they get. An actual example? I've been using a clean build a *player* was kind enough to teach me for my tac/tac as it was my first tac. Members from his fleet would send me private tells on how terrible it actually was and that I shouldn't use such horrible tactics setup. I told them where I got the setup from, subsequently they shut their traps because of who this veteran actually was and what role of importance he played in their fleet.

Conclusion

This isn't something to detract from the thread, moreseo to support a live and let live attitude of pvp, while being a decent and respectful person/pvper.

People can accuse, dictate, and lord over others all they want. Holier than thou attitudes and big **** contests be damned.

At the end of the day, You won't see me spending my time playing the Mean Girls game.

If I logon, then I'll just logon to chat and play with my friends, whether they be in my fleet or in others. I hope to make more when I get the chance to use what little free time I have. @LEONHART mail me if you want to hang

<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE

Last edited by talzerotwo; 12-07-2012 at 03:28 AM.
Captain
# 84
12-07-2012, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talzerotwo View Post
Mean Girls Online
I've never seen the movie, but I've seen it referenced enough elsewhere. It's kind of funny (and sad), but if one steps back a moment and looks at some of what's going on...lol.

Ahem...
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Starfleet Veteran
# 85
12-07-2012, 03:27 AM
Quote:
These are my own views, not those necessarily of Every Single person associated with NC or the IA battlegroup.

1) I would tend to agree with trip on all accounts, unfortunately haters will be haters and life is too short to police and 'unpolice-able' aspect of a game.

2) I saw the hostility first begin when NC became more visible in the sto forums by way of numerous members using fleet sigs I made, something which I regret because Im pretty sure most of the aggressors didnt even give me two thoughts before then.

I myself, when pugging, have been called almost any name in the book to the point I just turn off zone chat. My two mains are a tac/tac in a defiant that flies bop style for hit/pop/runs and an engi healboat. Here's the thing tho, no p2w on my ships, no auto-macros, and I still do relatively well. Most people will tell you, I'm one of the most easy-going unassuming people of the bunch.

There are names (fleet leaders even) in this thread that state they 'took the high road'. My experience, when on my alt in a pug team of friends on alts (maybe 3 or so on TS/VENT), is that when our group starts to win against a premade (take your pick which), their p2w comes out. I'm not the type to call you names or jump on a bandwagon and disrespect your fleet name, but don't think yourself my better because you rate your personal character via a game. The difference is you choose to do things when you think no one is looking.

3) There are premades, and there are 'premades' composed of pugs not on TS/VENT from the same fleet. I find the latter to be more my cup of tea.

That said, I haven't pvp'ed all that much in a long while, I slap myself silly to say that Im actually enjoy pveing the romulan stuff more than pvp.

4) People that love to, will smear Nova Core's name whatever chance they get. An actual example? I've been using a build a clean *player* was kind enough to teach me for my tac/tac. Members from his fleet would send me private tells on how terrible it actually was and that I shouldn't use such horrible tactics setup. I told them where I got the setup from, subsequently they shut their traps because of who this veteran actually was and what role of importance he played in their fleet.

Conclusion

People can accuse, dictate, and lord over others all they want. Holier than thou attitudes and big **** contests be damned.

At the end of the day, You won't see me spending my time playing the Mean Girls game.

If I logon, then I'll just logon to chat and play with my friends, whether they be in my fleet or in others.

*10pts* Well put!

If I logon, then I'll just logon to chat and play with my friends, whether they be in my fleet or in others. <-- Thats all I do at the moment too.

RachelJ88
Lt. Commander
# 86 How to make a Tal
12-07-2012, 03:34 AM
Quote:

1) I would tend to agree with trip on all accounts, unfortunately haters will be haters and life is too short to police an 'unpolice-able' aspect of a game.

4) People that love to, will smear Nova Core's name whatever chance they get. An actual example? I've been using a clean build a *player* was kind enough to teach me for my tac/tac as it was my first tac. Members from his fleet would send me private tells on how terrible it actually was and that I shouldn't use such horrible tactics setup. I told them where I got the setup from, subsequently they shut their traps because of who this veteran actually was and what role of importance he played in their fleet.

Conclusion

This isn't something to detract from the thread, moreseo to support a live and let live attitude of pvp, while being a decent and respectful person/pvper.

If I logon, then I'll just logon to chat and play with my friends, whether they be in my fleet or in others. I hope to make more when I get the chance to use what little free time I have. @LEONHART mail me if you want to hang

You're watchin mah thread Tal? omg! <3 haha. Btw I LOVE your how to make a Tal video. I'd like to put it on the front page of the website. Next time you're in teamspeak talk to me. I'd like to set it up for sometime next week. Also we need a picture of your character for the gallery. It's just not quite right without a Tal there.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.
Career Officer
# 87
12-07-2012, 03:42 AM
That's not the same broken, dude. The one who made the video is another guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMlk4sRPLQk

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 88
12-07-2012, 03:49 AM
@virus You should watch it, it's pretty much lindsay lohan before the fall. time to predict the weather
@snog reminds me of a thought I once had, "PVP Tournament: Tuffi Freighters only" I would LOVE to see that
@tripwire aye aye capn, I'll be on vaca for about a week but will try when I get back.
@rachel ty, we needs to hang out at some point then

Last edited by talzerotwo; 12-07-2012 at 04:00 AM.
Career Officer
# 89
12-07-2012, 04:06 AM
I'd love to do a fighter, shuttle or freighter PvP tourney. Would be hilarious.

We need that old school organizer back. I think he was Captain Data or someone else.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 90
12-07-2012, 04:09 AM
Ditto, tournies for the goal of laughter instead of bragging rights would be an enjoyable change of pace (and I'm not saying mine/torp setups then everyone just dies lol)

PVP Tourny = Corporate Wars: Fight of the Freighters

*@trip, my last derailment, promise

Last edited by talzerotwo; 12-07-2012 at 04:12 AM.