Captain
# 11
12-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Lots of fun! And I'm looking forward to winter events as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Ensign
# 12
12-05-2012, 07:56 AM
I gave the game a try again this last weekend after being away from it for 6 months. I was yawning within 30 minutes.

PvE combat was boring to me. Each fight was exactly like the one before. No variability. It was a grind.
Career Officer
# 13
12-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obelusdoom View Post
I gave the game a try again this last weekend after being away from it for 6 months. I was yawning within 30 minutes.

PvE combat was boring to me. Each fight was exactly like the one before. No variability. It was a grind.
QFT at least in Season 6 there was the community aspect to Elite STF's. Now even that is gone.
Career Officer
# 14
12-05-2012, 08:04 AM
Fun? No. Not as much fun as I had in Season 6.

Both of the Fleets I'm in are pretty much dead - I see maybe 3 other Fleeties online at best but most of the time it's myself and my Fleet leader.

STFs have picked up a little but there's still I'd say been a 70% drop-off in the number of games being run on PESTF - that and the quality (and manners) of STF players has dropped dramatically.

I log in, run around Beta Ursae and the Romulan sectors for Contraband missions, grind Narendra 5 times on each alt for Rom Marks, fill out my Rep projects and... that's it.

I might do a few STFs if there's any going (mainly space, ground is pretty much dead now) but other than that there's nothing really to do - oh, I go Epohh tagging if I can be bothered.

So I've started another alt and I'm taking her through all the early missions which is bitter-sweet since they've all got a story, they've all got villains and the sense that they're leading to something but of course, they're not - since they were made in a time when STO was meant to be about story and exploration and epic space battles which isn't the direction STO's been going in for a long time.

Roll on Season 8...
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 15
12-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
The one thing all the data mining in the world can't quantify....and that is fun.My question to all of you is....are you still having fun playing STO? On a scale of 1 to 10,with 10 being the most fun and 1 being purgatory.....

For me....Season 6 - I had fun....about 7/10

Season 7 - it quickly dropped to 4/10
Well for me it has to be like this ...

season 4 .......8/10

season 5 &6 ..6/10

season 7.......4/10

Here is the main reasons why..

First......i Do not mind running content over and over but for every season to be the same content just re-hashed to be grinded differently is getting just silliy.

second...Forceing us to do (manipulating us) the content the way they want us to do it is unfair to the players.

third and finally the bugs in the game new ones and old ones are getting to be game ending stuff it seems they are more interested in making money than fixing these issues.

I for one would like to see a forum page where we could goto to see the problems they are aware of and working on whether or not hey have a fix i wouldn't care but seems like we are always in the dark about whats really going on.
Captain
# 16
12-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Season 6 increased my playtime dramatically. I played for (too many) hours every single day. I was deeply invested in the game.

Season 7 also dramatically affected my playtime. I logged in twice for less than an hour apiece since it launched.

The Winter Event will get me to log in more, but only for that content. Not touching Season 7 with a 10 meter Lirpa.
Captain
# 17
12-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Actually yes. I am having fun.

I am playing at my own leisurely pace, not worrying about reaching the finish line first. If a session of gameplay begins feeling tedious, I log out and do something else for a while. I do not look at anything in the game as something I HAVE to do. Anything i do, I do because I WANT to do it.

The game's not going anywhere. Why should I rush?
No... Cryptic doesn't need new management... It just needs its management to pull its head out of its collective butt and get the give:take ratio back to being 1:1...
Captain
# 18
12-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
Actually yes. I am having fun.

I am playing at my own leisurely pace, not worrying about reaching the finish line first. If a session of gameplay begins feeling tedious, I log out and do something else for a while. I do not look at anything in the game as something I HAVE to do. Anything i do, I do because I WANT to do it.

The game's not going anywhere. Why should I rush?
QFT because this is how I roll in STO.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 19
12-05-2012, 09:47 AM
The thing for me is I don't have many items I want so I was basically grinding stf for dil as my main gameplay.

I was getting tired of grinding stf so I switched to doing doff'ing.

I was hoping season 7 would bring out new items I'd really want, so I'd have a reason to play and instead it just took my main gameplay away.
Not only did they lock up stf but they also gave doff'ing a beating, terrific...

So now I still don't have anything to grind for but also lost my main in-come and gameplay.

I still like the game and yeah sure the winter event looks great.
Career Officer
# 20
12-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Plain and simple: Yes

(If I wasn't, I'd stop playing.)
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."