Cryptic Studios Team
# 21
12-11-2012, 05:42 PM
I found a bug that was preventing this from working properly and fixed it. In addition, I've also increased the effectiveness of the power. It should be much more useful soon.
Republic Veteran
# 22
12-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
I found a bug that was preventing this from working properly and fixed it. In addition, I've also increased the effectiveness of the power. It should be much more useful soon.

Thank you. I was just about to submit a bug report on this.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Empire Veteran
# 23
12-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Just in time for me to hit Tier 3 Great work there
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Commander
# 24
12-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
So then the question remains...how many shots do you get with this passive? I personally went with the alternative ability, but I'm still curious.

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
Rihannsu
# 25
12-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alax2011 View Post
LOL 5-6 shots? they usually adapt to me in 2 shots, I remod, then see the ADAPTED over my body and the remod is still on cd (10secs left most of the time) and this is all from the carbine 1st setting, not the aoe setting
just to cut in here, that's because the Carbine fires bursts, even on primary fire. All these other weapons they've mentioned fire one shot per trigger pull. It doesn't matter if you don't hit other borgs with it, each bolt in the burst is counted as a separate hit, thus your 2 shots is really 6. This is why weapons like the Omega carbine and Miniguns or full auto rifles are less effective against borgs.

BTW, each set carries a no-CD remod as it's 3 pc set bonus.

Last edited by f9thaceshigh; 12-12-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Lieutenant
# 26
12-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Guessing this didn't make the patch since it wasn't listed
Captain
# 27
12-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
This is why weapons like the Omega carbine and Miniguns or full auto rifles are less effective against borgs.
My "less" you mean "barely".

At one time I recall they were putting a timer on adaptation so such weapons were not a complete and utter useless, I guess it never happened then.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 28
12-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
just to cut in here, that's because the Carbine fires bursts, even on primary fire. All these other weapons they've mentioned fire one shot per trigger pull. It doesn't matter if you don't hit other borgs with it, each bolt in the burst is counted as a separate hit, thus your 2 shots is really 6. This is why weapons like the Omega carbine and Miniguns or full auto rifles are less effective against borgs.
This isn't quite 100% true. While rapid-fire weapons will generally gain adaptation counters more quickly, there is an internal limiter that prevents you from gaining any adaptation counters for a single energy type for 0.4sec after receiving one.

So, for the Autocarbine's primary fire (e.g.) you should only ever receive a maximum of 2 adaptation counters, which would only happen if you hit the refresh cycles exactly perfect. It's statistically less-than-likely, but not out of the question. Since you only have to remodulate after receiving 4 adaptation counters for a particular energy type, you should always be able to get 2 full primary fires with the Autocarbine before being adapted. Sometimes up to 3 full bursts (12 shots) if you get lucky.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Empire Veteran
# 29
12-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
This isn't quite 100% true. While rapid-fire weapons will generally gain adaptation counters more quickly, there is an internal limiter that prevents you from gaining any adaptation counters for a single energy type for 0.4sec after receiving one.

So, for the Autocarbine's primary fire (e.g.) you should only ever receive a maximum of 2 adaptation counters, which would only happen if you hit the refresh cycles exactly perfect. It's statistically less-than-likely, but not out of the question. Since you only have to remodulate after receiving 4 adaptation counters for a particular energy type, you should always be able to get 2 full primary fires with the Autocarbine before being adapted. Sometimes up to 3 full bursts (12 shots) if you get lucky.
The way it works for me is in the past if you were fighting a group at defera the omega weapon would adapt right before you killed one borg. With the new passive i can kill 2 borg without it adapting but halfway down the 3rd npcs health it then adapts with this weapon. Essentially a regular drone its letting you kill more 2 regular drones than it would if you don't have the passive before it adapts.

Edit: As well with the passive it works like we've seen it in tv and movies one suggestion to make it feel more canon as well as the 30-40 years in the future of the prime universe the game is supposed to be is make the adaption without the passive the same as it is right now with the passive, and then extend the having the passive a bit further so those who don't see it as it currently is it would feel right to them.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 12-13-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Rihannsu
# 30
12-14-2012, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post

Would something along the same lines work for DHC +m CRF and DoFF/Weapons Procs as well? Its kind of silly that the strongest weapon in game also generate the most procs. With the right doffs you can turret someone to death at 25 weapon power. It just seems that the tech is already in game, or am i completely off mark here?
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013