Lt. Commander
# 1 500 Marks for one iten?!!!!
12-05-2012, 03:18 PM
It is insane! No matter which faction, 500 marks per item is absurd for any casual player. For an entire set 2000 marks! If I play two or three times per week and get 20 marks per run will be 60 marks by week. Will be 33 weeks or 8 months to obtain a single set!
Captain
# 2
12-05-2012, 03:40 PM
500 marks is completely reasonable. If you want to run STFs for it, then Infected Space Elite is better. It gives 60 Omega Marks minimum. I think I got 130 Omega Marks from one run of ISE by doing it during the reputation bonus event, getting the optional, and the random Omega Marks bonus at the end. Also, to get one set that costs 500 Marks per item, it is 1500 Marks not 2000 since all sets now contain 3 items not 4.
Rihannsu
# 3
12-05-2012, 03:52 PM
yeah its reasonable if you play some elites. and infected is by the far the best one. 10 good runs during bonus hours will have you sitting on a 1000 marks or so.

the rewards for normal do need to be increased a little i think. i know it might be to encourage people to play elites, but the rewards seem a little low.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 4
12-05-2012, 03:54 PM
For Omega stuff its pretty doable. Go during bonus hour and get the optional, its 90 marks for 10 minutes of work plus if you get the bonus. The Romulan stuff on the on the other hand.....fastest I can do is maybe 100 marks an hour, once a day. Tau Dewa Patrol, plus the Radiation Scanning assignment, turned in during bonus hour. Anyone know a faster way?

Also in a similar vein, 500 seems to me an okay price (i'd like a little cheaper of course, but its alright) on the deflector/engine/shield. On weapons though, why not cheaper, maybe 200 marks and 5000 dil each (or whatever 1/3ish is for the Mk12s) or something? Fully outfitting a cruiser with Romulan Plasma weapons just requires too much of an investment to be practical. I'd be running patrols every day for the next two months for 'because I can' toys no better than what I already have, and thats just kinda silly.
Career Officer
# 5
12-05-2012, 03:55 PM
For casual player, you might want to try epohh breeding. It will take about a week to get an elder epohh. It involves running a minute and a half mission to tag them, and then running a doff assignment. When you get the elder, you can turn it in for 400 rom marks.
# 6
12-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
For casual player, you might want to try epohh breeding. It will take about a week to get an elder epohh. It involves running a minute and a half mission to tag them, and then running a doff assignment. When you get the elder, you can turn it in for 400 rom marks.

Rom marks are actually pretty easy no matter what. 30 for radiation scanning, 60-75 for daily patrol, 10 for each "run around and do errands" daily (several of which require no combat), red alerts, epohh breeding, etc. As a new player, it was kind of shocking going from that to Defera and finding it taking much more effort to get 5 omega marks a quest.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
Yes, I can try for Romulan Marks!

But it?s do not solve my issue with omega set, captainrevo1, starkaos amd reginamala78 I am a casual player and I can?t player during bonus hour and I play only regular not elites!
Captain
# 8
12-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhook View Post
I am a casual player and I can't play during bonus hour and I play only regular not elites!
Thats more of a problem then. If you want to build up a supply of marks, you're really gonna need to learn to handle Elites just to halve your grind time. Honestly they aren't too bad and can be done with White-quality gear so long as your setup is reasonably solid. Getting your group in a chat channel like PublicSTF or EliteSTF helps a lot, simply because the people communicate and generally know what they're doing, and random groups from the queues can be maddening. When in doubt, follow the leader; if everyone parks 9km away from a target and specifically avoids finishing it off, do the same, and you'll be alright.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 9
12-05-2012, 05:21 PM
For Romulan Marks, make sure you're Epohh tagging too! That's netted me a cool 1200 Rom Marks since Season 7 launched -- only ~3 weeks ago. I would actually be up to 1600 but I decided to keep one of my Evolved Elder Epohhs as a pet I'm working on my 5th and 6th one now, which should be done by next Tuesday, for a grand total of 2K Rom Marks (or 2400 if I sold my pet).

Check out this guide on how to raise Epohhs: mimey2's "A Guide to Epohhs"

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 10
12-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
For Romulan Marks, make sure you're Epohh tagging too! That's netted me a cool 1200 Rom Marks since Season 7 launched -- only ~3 weeks ago. I would actually be up to 1600 but I decided to keep one of my Evolved Elder Epohhs as a pet I'm working on my 5th and 6th one now, which should be done by next Tuesday, for a grand total of 2K Rom Marks (or 2400 if I sold my pet).

Check out this guide on how to raise Epohhs: mimey2's "A Guide to Epohhs"

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
^^^ This. Costs you nothing and takes minutes - make sure you team up too (check zone chat for plenty of people looking for team-mates) as you get more Epohh tags that way.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012