Captain
# 11
12-05-2012, 05:26 PM
My skill with STFs is minimal, but I do follow the main rules of ISE. I am lucky if I only die once and don't get a respawn timer of about 2 minutes at the end. So if I can run an elite and not ruin it for others, then so can you. ISE is for all the STF newbs that don't have good enough skill for the other elite STFs. Of course, not all player that run ISE are newbs and they certainly help with the ISEs.
Captain
# 12
12-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
For Romulan Marks, make sure you're Epohh tagging too!
Oh they actually do something? I'd never even looked at them, figuring they were vanity pets like Horta and Mugato and such. Good to know.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 13
12-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Oh they actually do something? I'd never even looked at them, figuring they were vanity pets like Horta and Mugato and such. Good to know.
At the various stages of their life (e.g. the DOFF missions you can run), you can turn them into Toreth for Romulan Marks. You'll get the most for Elders, which take 5-8 days to raise if you log in and tag/ start the DOFF missions everyday. Check out that guide I linked on page 1 of this thread

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 14
12-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Well, they are - but once you've evolved your Epohh pup into a Moppet (or Adult or Elder) you can trade them back for Rom Marks - the Elder ones fetch 400 Marks

*Edit* Beaten to it
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Ensign
# 15
12-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
For Romulan Marks, make sure you're Epohh tagging too! That's netted me a cool 1200 Rom Marks since Season 7 launched -- only ~3 weeks ago. I would actually be up to 1600 but I decided to keep one of my Evolved Elder Epohhs as a pet I'm working on my 5th and 6th one now, which should be done by next Tuesday, for a grand total of 2K Rom Marks (or 2400 if I sold my pet).

Check out this guide on how to raise Epohhs: mimey2's "A Guide to Epohhs"

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

WEll Rommy marks are not the Prob it's the Fleet marks that are killing the smaller Kling Fleets Sure hope we get a grab bag of them from Q' s winter fun I don't have the time running around chassing them too busy trying to Get Fleet marks after they Killed the Investigate Officer Reports Quick'ys
Career Officer
# 16
12-05-2012, 06:11 PM
get fleet gear purple doff's

I am doing zero point I feel your pain on the grind wait till 12 sets
Captain
# 17
12-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Well... 500 Romulan Marks can be a pain, but 500 Omega Marks? Really? If you can't get 500 Omega Marks, then you're just being lazy.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Ensign
# 18
12-06-2012, 01:18 AM
I love those answers : "Just do Elite STF..."

So, basically, what you're saying is that the end-game content, is doing elite stf over & over again...

Wait, wasn't that the end-game prior to season 6?

And what if you don't like STF?

500 marks for mk XII stuff, alright, fair enough...

But come on, 450 marks per item for the borg set? That's ridiculous...

But beyond the cost of marks, which only influence the time to get the item, it would go a long way if there were more ways to earn marks...

Marks to replay episode for example, or to complete an exploration in the B'tran cluster or the nebulas in romulan space... Or getting marks for doing "enemy encounter"... or even simply, getting marks for destroying borg/romulan ships...

For the kdf, we could get marks for borg/romulan empire defense...

If we could get marks just by playing the game, instead of having to grind them on a few mission, it would be a real improvement...

I like the idea of the reputation system, but once I saw the price of the items, I realize that it would be pretty boring grinding for it... it's not really about getting the item, it is about the road you take to get there...

Diversity is key...
Captain
# 19
12-06-2012, 01:56 AM
what's kind of a disappointmaent to me is, that people seem to not realize that the grind in each zone of new romulus would be much easier if they would form teams. But most of the invites i send to a person running around doing the same mission is a decline.

i mean, i understand they don't like this ninja invites (myself included), but it doesn't take a genius to realize that the invite is for this mission only and not an eternal friendship or something.
just a quick grouping to do some percentage, even if the other guy finishes first and leaves i wouldn't mind...it is just to get the mission done a little faster.

so plz spread the word that grping on new romulus will make grinding the dailys a lot faster.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 20
12-06-2012, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dertylon View Post
I love those answers : "Just do Elite STF..."

So, basically, what you're saying is that the end-game content, is doing elite stf over & over again...
Yes, this is an MMO. That's how they work.

Quote:
And what if you don't like STF?
You can get them from red alert sector events & defara stuff. Otherwise, tough luck? I don't really care for any of the Romulan mark content (which are significantly slower to grind out than Omega) but I'm still putting in the work. I know a lot of folks like it, and you can't always please everyone.