Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 235
# 21
12-06-2012, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Well... 500 Romulan Marks can be a pain, but 500 Omega Marks? Really? If you can't get 500 Omega Marks, then you're just being lazy.
Enlighten us oh great one why it's lazy being unable to grind 500 Omega Marks for casual players... Dont you just love players like this eejit,he's the reason STO is such a cold experience for so many people.


Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS." <------> Grant Morrison
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 83
# 22
12-06-2012, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiralyn View Post
Rom marks are actually pretty easy no matter what. 30 for radiation scanning, 60-75 for daily patrol, 10 for each "run around and do errands" daily (several of which require no combat), red alerts, epohh breeding, etc. As a new player, it was kind of shocking going from that to Defera and finding it taking much more effort to get 5 omega marks a quest.
Yes. While Romulan Marks are easy to get, the Omega Mark rates on Defera have to be increased
I support Handsome Phaser Guy
And Tovan Khev
No, I am neither a woman nor gay.
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 22
# 23
12-06-2012, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Yes, this is an MMO. That's how they work.


You can get them from red alert sector events & defara stuff. Otherwise, tough luck? I don't really care for any of the Romulan mark content (which are significantly slower to grind out than Omega) but I'm still putting in the work. I know a lot of folks like it, and you can't always please everyone.
Yes, of course, end-game content is gonna be repetitive, but a bit more diversity would be nice...

And that's were the argument close down on itself...

The original complaint was that 500 marks was too much for casual player (for mkX/XI anyway)...
The answer is to do Eilte STF which grant a lot of marks... When explaining why it's not a satisfying solution, we're told that there is 2 others missions to get the marks...

And we're back to square 1, where grinding 500 marks with just normal stf, defera or red alert is extremely repetitive, boring (personal opinion there) and just gonna take forever for casual player...

Reducing the price of items for the tier 1 and tier 2 of the reputation system would make life a little easier for casual player, and keeping the tier 3 stuff & beyond at their price would keep elite player happy...

Good compromise there, isn't it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 173
# 24
12-06-2012, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Well... 500 Romulan Marks can be a pain, but 500 Omega Marks? Really? If you can't get 500 Omega Marks, then you're just being lazy.

Like I said, I find this statement odd. So far, for me, Romulan marks have been amazingly easy. Do the ground stuff on New Romulus & the patrol daily and they just flow in like water. Meanwhile, 5 marks per Defera ground mission is painful in comparison.

(as for Red Alerts.... I've managed to get into 4 so far, since I started playing. Two failed, so no marks. After wasting all that time for no result, I've stopped trying Red Alerts, they seem to be just a waste of time. /shrug)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 25
12-06-2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dertylon View Post
Yes, of course, end-game content is gonna be repetitive, but a bit more diversity would be nice...

And that's were the argument close down on itself...

The original complaint was that 500 marks was too much for casual player (for mkX/XI anyway)...
The answer is to do Eilte STF which grant a lot of marks... When explaining why it's not a satisfying solution, we're told that there is 2 others missions to get the marks...

And we're back to square 1, where grinding 500 marks with just normal stf, defera or red alert is extremely repetitive, boring (personal opinion there) and just gonna take forever for casual player...

Reducing the price of items for the tier 1 and tier 2 of the reputation system would make life a little easier for casual player, and keeping the tier 3 stuff & beyond at their price would keep elite player happy...

Good compromise there, isn't it?
Sure, I do think the Mk X stuff is overpriced. I'd move the cutting beam and zero point console to tier 3 and retain their price though.

How many marks do normal STFs award anyway? I'd assume its half, so 30-40? That doesn't seem too bad.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,502
# 26
12-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dertylon View Post
I love those answers : "Just do Elite STF..."

So, basically, what you're saying is that the end-game content, is doing elite stf over & over again...

Wait, wasn't that the end-game prior to season 6?

And what if you don't like STF?
If you don't like STFs then you probably should not run around in STF gear?

There are plenty alternatives to get good gear, Fleet stores, Romulan Rep... Crafting... buying stuff on the Exchange.




The only thing that hurts is having the Borg Engine (= Warp 20) hidden behind Tier 2, new ALTs being stuck at Warp 10 for that much longer is nothing i look forward too.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 117
# 27
12-06-2012, 07:33 AM
If you want the stuff, do what the game requires you to do to get it and if it takes a long time, well, wait... otherwise, um.. live without it? They already put in dilithium conversion projects because a) people moaned about there not being enough ways get it and b) because there are many many players just swimming in marks that they may never spend...
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 39
# 28
12-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
How many marks do normal STFs award anyway? I'd assume its half, so 30-40? That doesn't seem too bad.
It's even less. 19 marks for completion and 4 Marks for the optional. Grinding with this isn't very motivating.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 29
12-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinead51 View Post
Enlighten us oh great one why it's lazy being unable to grind 500 Omega Marks for casual players... Dont you just love players like this eejit,he's the reason STO is such a cold experience for so many people.
I laugh at you. In fact I roll on the floor laughing at you. Just cuz you have a lifer tag under your name doesn't give you the right to call anyone an idiot. In fact, if anything it gives me the right to laugh at you even more for spending so much money on this game.

500 Omega marks is very easy even for casual players. If you can't be bothered to spend an hour doing 3 elite stfs and getting those marks easily, yes, you are lazy. If you can't be bothered to spend such a tiny amount of time doing this, then yes, you are lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiralyn View Post
Like I said, I find this statement odd. So far, for me, Romulan marks have been amazingly easy. Do the ground stuff on New Romulus & the patrol daily and they just flow in like water. Meanwhile, 5 marks per Defera ground mission is painful in comparison.

(as for Red Alerts.... I've managed to get into 4 so far, since I started playing. Two failed, so no marks. After wasting all that time for no result, I've stopped trying Red Alerts, they seem to be just a waste of time. /shrug)
I don't do the New Romulus ground missions, I found them boring and tedious. As such, I am left with doing the Acamar system 7 times a day, which is also boring and tedious, but it involves no moving around, and nets me 60 marks a day. Which is why, since I admit here I am being lazy, Romulan marks are annoying, especially since the Tholian Red Alerts are even more of a pain to get into.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,304
# 30
12-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
500 marks is completely reasonable. If you want to run STFs for it, then Infected Space Elite is better. It gives 60 Omega Marks minimum. I think I got 130 Omega Marks from one run of ISE by doing it during the reputation bonus event, getting the optional, and the random Omega Marks bonus at the end. Also, to get one set that costs 500 Marks per item, it is 1500 Marks not 2000 since all sets now contain 3 items not 4.
Base Infected Elite has been 75 marks for each run for me.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:25 AM.