Captain
# 81
12-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakhohl1 View Post
Each of the advanced prototype equipment (shields, engines, deflectors) are 750 marks each plus 32,000 dilithium. On top of that, each beam array was 500 marks plus 15,000 dil. The torp was 500 marks and 15,000 dil, I believe. Plus whatever the console cost (500 marks + dil).

To finish outfitting the Belleraphon I was hoping to equip, I will need 3 more arrays, another torp, the sheilds, deflector and console. That's 4,000 marks plus all the dilithium and the expense of 50 industrial cells each and whatever other expenses.
The Experimental Romulan Beam Array like all set items is unique per ship so you can't buy 3 more Beam Arrays. That should save you 1500 Romulan Marks on your estimates.
Republic Veteran
# 82
12-24-2012, 03:56 PM
It makes more sense from a gameplay perspective. I mean, D'Tan told me we were BFFs and Grumpy Admiral said I have done more for Romulan diplomacy than anyone else. Yet, I still have to keep proving myself to them if I want to buy their stuff. I would think extra dilithium would help their struggling society more than being able to look at me with dreamy eyes.

I'm one of those people that actually believes Cryptic listens to the players. They change things all the time because of feedback. While they may not take my suggestion, I really hope they find a way to make cost for reputation gear more reasonable. If nothing else, make it a perk of Tier 5. Once you reach Tier 5 the Marks requirement goes away. Until then, you have to pay it.
Republic Veteran
# 83
12-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
The Experimental Romulan Beam Array like all set items is unique per ship so you can't buy 3 more Beam Arrays. That should save you 1500 Romulan Marks on your estimates.
Thank you for pointing that out. I had not noticed that.

I have not looked to see if the other beam arrays are any better or different from standard plasmas. They're only 120 Marks (I think) plus whatever other costs. If they are worth getting, it would put a total cost of just over 3k.

I certainly would not have a problem with that were it not for the requirements to get to Tier 5. My only issue is with the combined cost. It just seems awfully excessive.
Captain
# 84
12-24-2012, 04:11 PM
I should rephrase that. You can buy 3 more Experimental Beam Arrays, but there is no point since you can only put one on each ship.