Career Officer
# 11
01-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Pro Tip: Fill your rep out in space - it'll only pull items from your inventory or your bank *not* stuff your character's got equipped
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
# 12
01-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Pro Tip: Fill your rep out in space - it'll only pull items from your inventory or your bank *not* stuff your character's got equipped
Still have to beam back down if I want to buy more. An unnecessary pain, inflicted because someone didn't fully think through the changes they were implementing.
Captain
# 13
01-02-2013, 08:49 AM
Yep. Couple this with the fact that you re-equip the hypo, and it is nowhere to be found in the first two trays, but rather in somewhere in trays 3-10 or sometimes even not at all, makes life even more fun, especially when you cannot use the hypo that you distinctly remember equipping. Whoever designed this, deserves a real applause.
Captain
# 14
01-02-2013, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nd1t10nr3d View Post
The way to avoid that is to check your stock before moving out into battle! In other words, before leaving Space dock!

My main peev is that when buying hypos, charges or whatever for reputation projects, you're limited to buying 20 of each at one time! Please Cryptic... can we have this changed from 20 at a time to 100 like it is with commodities? It's a small and I'm sure "doable" request for the short-term!
I have tried many ways to get it from polling out of the device slots and the 5 ways that i have tried it will still pull the Larg Hypo out of the device slots.This reuptation system should not be pulling stuff out of the Char Device slots at all.
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
01-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
This also works on the ground too, I stocked up my bank with the stuff and it always pulled it from my bank first
Captain
# 16
01-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcom43 View Post
I have tried many ways to get it from polling out of the device slots and the 5 ways that i have tried it will still pull the Larg Hypo out of the device slots.This reuptation system should not be pulling stuff out of the Char Device slots at all.
The workaround I found was to beam out to space before trying. Since I always needed to buy some commodities at the same time, it worked out since I was already going to stop by a Sirius Block cargo ship.
Career Officer
# 17
01-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
It is very very annoying. It pulls from device slot first, then bank, then inventory..
This ^^^ It should have been the other way around. It can't be to hard for the devs to change the algorithm. Pull from inventory first, bank next, then device slot.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Career Officer
# 18
01-02-2013, 10:20 AM
I agree it is a constant annoyance that the rep system is pulling from my device slots.

Let's not stop here, though. I'm annoyed that I'm buying consumables 20 at a time for much larger requirements. I'm annoyed that I'm wasting either time (multiple trips to the vendor) or inventory/bank space with trying to keep the necessary consumables on hand.

Not only do they need to stop taking the consumables from my device slot, I should be allowed to buy them 100+ at a time, and stack them in much larger stacks.
Career Officer
# 19
01-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nd1t10nr3d View Post
My main peev is that when buying hypos, charges or whatever for reputation projects, you're limited to buying 20 of each at one time! Please Cryptic... can we have this changed from 20 at a time to 100 like it is with commodities? It's a small and I'm sure "doable" request for the short-term!
I agree, though the reason I suspect this will never happen is that if you can stock pile them in stacks of 100, you could load your boffs up with several hundred each for spares and leave your inventory free... This means less silver players would buy expansions to their inventory, thus less income for Cryptic.

It made sense for the other commodities since you require several hundred of each of them for most starbase projects and even several dozen for rep projects. But since the Hypos and shield charges only require around the 50 mark for tier 5, I don't see them changing it any time soon.

Taking them from the device slot first though is a real pain and they should fix that. I actually preferred it when it ignored the device slot all together as at least you didn't have to keep reassigning the power to your tray.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
Problem with your power tray? Try this, it worked for several of my characters.
BRING BACK ENDGAME FOR THE 'NON DPS CHAMPIONS'!!!!
Captain
# 20
01-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Personally, my grievance is having to buy hypos (and shields, and whatever) a max of 20 at a time.

It's just kinda dumb to have to make 3 separate purchases to get 50 major regenerators.