Lt. Commander
Aside from wandering round Nukara prime killing the same irritating scuttling things what am I meant to be doing in this game? I did the episodes, STFs I hear nothing but tales about them being an unpleasant bitchfest and there is nothing at all to buy in the C-Store. I also have no clue what to do with my powers, my setup or my kit.

Am I just meant to be grinding XII stuff from Nukara? I just sit there spamming my 1 button with an XII pistol out.
Career Officer
# 2
12-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Career Officer
# 3
12-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikev View Post
Aside from wandering round Nukara prime killing the same irritating scuttling things what am I meant to be doing in this game? I did the episodes, STFs I hear nothing but tales about them being an unpleasant bitchfest and there is nothing at all to buy in the C-Store. I also have no clue what to do with my powers, my setup or my kit.

Am I just meant to be grinding XII stuff from Nukara? I just sit there spamming my 1 button with an XII pistol out.

If we dont know what you have done we cannot advise on whats left to do!

As for kit and not knowing what to do with it, theres a section called Builds and Powers which gives ideas on setting up ships. Generally though a game is just that, a game. You play to get stuff out of it for yourself. You set your own goals and move towards that goal at your pace.

Ignore what folks say about STF's and form your own opinion, most people on the forums will try and force their own opinion as gospel truth so ignore everything but your own experiences.
Captain
# 4
12-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Generally, you play the various bits of content (STFs, Defera, Nukara, New Romulus, etc) to grind up marks and dilthium to buy useful gear. This makes you better at doing the same stuff again and again. Or you could grind for gear that you can add to a PvP build, and get involved in the PvP community. Always plenty of lessons to be learned there.

As for learning how to build your ship up properly and use it well. . .join a good fleet and ask for help. If you wanna learn how to PvP, join the PvP bootcamp (there's a thread in the PvP section on this forum).

The learning curve for PvE is almost non-existent, you just gotta dish out firepower most of the time. PvP is another matter entirely, and you'll have to learn the basics in order to be successful.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
12-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Bring honour to your house??
Commander
# 6
12-14-2012, 10:33 PM
In general the KDF side is like Minecraft. you have to set yourself a goal.

At the moment I'm aiming for 100% Purple and 100% Gorn ships company (So thats 100 Doff's and all Boff's). in between I'm making a ton of cash and Dil.

In between I keep my eye in on Omega mark farming.