Lt. Commander
List Updated.

Requesting some items for the Gold-Pressed Latinum store (or if appropriate Lobi Store or Z-Store):

-Latinum Horta! Both non-combat permanent and combat consumable.
-Tribble of Latinum. Buff: Every hour or day you recieve 10 or 100 GPL, respectively.
-Latinum rings.
-A matching pants for the Ferengi Entrepreneur's Jacket. Why is there a matching skirt but no pants? For this item I would suggest using "Off Duty - Pants - Loose Long", under Lower select "Basic 4" as the template and line the side with GPL. Simple easy copy/paste-ish work imo. Quick $ for you. Make it happen
-Weapons made/lined with GPL: Sword, Falchion, Lirpa, or maybe a new weapon model.
-Earrings. You've done this already however, allow males to wear earrings too. Bajoran males aren't the only ones who have free reign on earrings you know
-Latinum EVA suit.

Last edited by edwarlord; 01-01-2013 at 01:07 AM. Reason: update
Captain
# 2
12-29-2012, 07:45 AM
latinum is the most useless currency in the game, what is the point of getting it if the only thing you can spend it on is cheesy trophies or holo-emitters.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-29-2012, 07:50 AM
Hence why they need to add more items to it. The scarves and jackets from the winter event, and the ferengi jackets and earrings from the lobi store are useless too but people get it for looks.

Last edited by edwarlord; 12-29-2012 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Correction
Commander
# 4
12-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Would be nice if they added those borg weapons that was removed awhile back
should be added to the GPL store..

and yes i know people say that the borg proc dont work but people are just to blind to see
they actually did work.
Empire Veteran
# 5
12-29-2012, 08:04 AM
I wish they'd replace the lobi store with gpl... inthe 1st episode of voyager, Quark tries to sell Kim lobi crystals. Tom stops Kim from buying them saying something along the lines of how you can find lobi crystals on any planet in that system making them pretty much worthless...

Instead of 800 lobi's for a ship make it like 800k GPL. Would also allow players a chance to earn it by playing a lot of dabo. We all know you don't get rich quick playing that game so it would still be faster to just buy lockboxes with GPL in them..

Anyhow, just my 1 cent...
Career Officer
# 6
12-29-2012, 08:17 AM
From what I can tell aside from the trophies stuff in the GPL store follows three rules:

1) It doesn't affect the game mechanics in any way.
2) It uses art assets that are already in the game so no work aside from hooking it up is required.
3) It has a timer and burns out after use.

As long as anything fulfills rule 3 I will not spend anything on it even if it's something as worthless as GPL. Now what could fulfill rule 1 and 2? I would for example pay GPL for the chance to buy alternate costumes for my special BOs like getting my Reman a costume with a hood, or my Breen a medic uniform. Or unlocking the honor guard costume on Fed Klingon captains who already have adapted MACO. Or buying the right to use off-duty clothes or STF costumes on BOs.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Empire Veteran
# 7
12-29-2012, 08:35 AM
A long time ago...a dev made a thread, asking what we would want added to the GPL store...

Those ideas for the most part became the Lobi store and Ferengi lockbox.

Career Officer
# 8
12-29-2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity8060 View Post
I wish they'd replace the lobi store with gpl... inthe 1st episode of voyager, Quark tries to sell Kim lobi crystals. Tom stops Kim from buying them saying something along the lines of how you can find lobi crystals on any planet in that system making them pretty much worthless...

Instead of 800 lobi's for a ship make it like 800k GPL. Would also allow players a chance to earn it by playing a lot of dabo. We all know you don't get rich quick playing that game so it would still be faster to just buy lockboxes with GPL in them..

Anyhow, just my 1 cent...
This^^ We know GPL is a currency of the time, let us use it to get things that are useful.
Commander
# 9
12-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussdelphin2 View Post
This^^ We know GPL is a currency of the time, let us use it to get things that are useful.

that would be nice and i would like it if they replaced energy credits with latinum
would be understandable to use latinum instead of energy credits, seeing how federation
dont believe in greed, and knowing klingons barter with latinum/gold from the series.
Rihannsu
# 10
12-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
latinum is the most useless currency in the game, what is the point of getting it if the only thing you can spend it on is cheesy trophies or holo-emitters.
Exactly! Thus we need better things to spend it on. IE things that aren't just "toys".

IIRC none of the GPL store items is actually USEFUL! Holoemitters would be MUCH cooler if they didn't break...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.