Career Officer
# 21
12-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
To adress point 1: Not a valid argument since Cryptic claims the number of active players has gone up since season 7 hit
How long is it until you're classed as an inactive player? I know a few people that came back to try S7 and didn't like it so they left again but since they logged in for a look their accounts will be classed as active.
Empire Veteran
# 22
12-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
I already have a suspicion that this will be the case. Here is an excerpt from the discription of the ship stats.

Any Breen ship. That leads to the assumption there may be another Breen ship on the way. Perhaps a lockbox with the Breen capitol ship and the frigate / fighter in the Lobi Store?
I've always liked the look of the Capitol Ship and their Fighters were the sickness!
Captain
# 23
12-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Eh... I think I'm just gonna grind for the bat'leth reward. That ship is good, especially for my kdf but I don't think I can make it. So freakin' sad.
Forum fun murdered. No longer in service.
Empire Veteran
# 24
12-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
Eh... I think I'm just gonna grind for the bat'leth reward. That ship is good, especially for my kdf but I don't think I can make it. So freakin' sad.
I really wish they made the ship not bound, made it so that we can at least sell the ship to other players that cannot or are not able to fulfill all the requirements to obtain it.

CRYPTIC - is this something you may re-consider - I mean running the race back to back for almost an entire month may prove too difficult for many. People do have lives outside of STO.

Please reconsider removing the BOUND status from the Breen vessel.

If not that

Reduce the timer cool down on the race from 19hrs to around 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
Eh... I think I'm just gonna grind for the bat'leth reward.
Curious I see the Lirpa, but it seems the Bat'leth is missing - Did they not include the Bat'leth nanopulse weapon?

Last edited by stark2k; 12-06-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Captain
# 25
12-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
Curious I see the Lirpa, but it seems the Bat'leth is missing - Did they not include the Bat'leth nanopulse weapon?
The Lirpas and Bat'leths are faction specific.
Empire Veteran
# 26
12-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
The Lirpa and Bat'leths are faction specific.
Thats too bad, it would have been nice to have a complete set.
Career Officer
# 27
12-07-2012, 01:08 AM
You know, I wonder if them being character bound was one of the selling points to CBS on them being limited. You can't have someone with too much time on their hands (semester is ending soon for many) grinding it on 10 alts and then selling them to people who don't have time to run it every day or go out of town, or are taking a break, etc.

The Bug was available free too - and we all complained that it was too random, too hard.

However you look at it I think it's a great step in the right direction and most of the players (especially those casual players we never see on the forums anyway) won't be doing it regularly enough to actually get it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-07-2012, 02:30 AM
maybe we can look at this in a different perspective. we can all agree that cryptic made a lot of money on lockbox's. It could be that there in a good financial standing to do something like this.

just my 2 cents, i'm happy about the breen ship and can't wait to get my hands on it!!!!!!!!!!!

COUNTING THE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Empire Veteran
# 29
12-07-2012, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokesmith View Post
You know, I wonder if them being character bound was one of the selling points to CBS on them being limited.
Possibly

Though I think we're giving CBS too much credit - I have a feeling that we've reached a point where CBS doesn't even care anymore, to a certain point.

This sounds like CRYPTIC Bantha Fodder all over it.

Quote:
The Bug was available free too - and we all complained that it was too random, too hard.
Really?

The Red Gift Boxes had to be purchased via the CStore back then, and there was little to "NO" Red Gift Boxes rewarded at the end of the race.

Ask anyone on these forums what were the odds of acquiring a Red gift Box at the end of the race, let alone a BUG from one of them as a prize - Your chances were 99.9% of obtaining nothing.

Many players like me, were forced to buy Red Gift Boxes from Hell without "them" disclosing the odds. Heck there was an entire thread dedicated to researching the odds.

I know of players (in the plural), that spent over a thousand dollars on those Red Gift Boxes and never received the BUG, Heck there was even a Dev that was quoted as saying that folks who spent hundred dollars or more should be given the BUG, a Dev - of course that never came to fruition.

You know what, let me not say anymore, I'm just opening up old wounds.

Quote:
However you look at it I think it's a great step in the right direction and most of the players (especially those casual players we never see on the forums anyway) won't be doing it regularly enough to actually get it.
So you feel thats a good thing? Just to keep things limited, actually its a flawed statement - Truth is the ship is nothing but a novelty item, and for a month or so of being played with, people will probably toss the thing into ESD docking bay. It is like all new toys that CRYPTIC gives us, very few players will remain flying that PUGLY Breen thing.

Last edited by stark2k; 12-07-2012 at 03:19 AM.
Captain
# 30
12-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Lol it turns out the race is pretty easy, already at 400 q pictures. 15 more days to go and I have a brand new awesome ship.
Forum fun murdered. No longer in service.