Rihannsu
Since around Thanksgiving, I have not been able to get onto Star Trek Online. When I open the launcher, I get the little auto-update message box that tells me it is trying to connect to the patch server, then times out. Before I reinstalled the game, I tried to bypass the launcher with the game executable in the game folder, and got the message that it was taking too long to connect to the account server. I contacted technical support on this issue, but they are taking forever between their suggestions and my responses. Since I have first opened the ticket, I have re-downloaded and reinstalled the game, and even installed the game on a second computer. and the results were the same. I have also disabled all of my computers firewalls to try, reset my router and modem multiple times, and nothing. Yesterday I got a response to run a dxdiag and some program named hackthis so they could look at my registry settings and no response yet. I ran a tracert to the cryptic patch servers, and it took 18 hops to connect to the patch servers, with no sign of being blocked anywhere along the way. My ISP is IVCellular, a local company. I have no other problems playing the other mmo's on my computer, so any help would be appreciated.
Ensign
# 2
12-06-2012, 12:26 AM
I'm having the same problems.
Commander
# 3
12-06-2012, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by materwindu View Post
Since around Thanksgiving, I have not been able to get onto Star Trek Online. When I open the launcher, I get the little auto-update message box that tells me it is trying to connect to the patch server, then times out. Before I reinstalled the game, I tried to bypass the launcher with the game executable in the game folder, and got the message that it was taking too long to connect to the account server. I contacted technical support on this issue, but they are taking forever between their suggestions and my responses. Since I have first opened the ticket, I have re-downloaded and reinstalled the game, and even installed the game on a second computer. and the results were the same. I have also disabled all of my computers firewalls to try, reset my router and modem multiple times, and nothing. Yesterday I got a response to run a dxdiag and some program named hackthis so they could look at my registry settings and no response yet. I ran a tracert to the cryptic patch servers, and it took 18 hops to connect to the patch servers, with no sign of being blocked anywhere along the way. My ISP is IVCellular, a local company. I have no other problems playing the other mmo's on my computer, so any help would be appreciated.
Have you been able to connect to STO before? If so, has there been any major changes to your hardware/software? (Yes, this sounds obvious, to be sure, but it's a key question in tech support).

It's hijackthis btw. Google it, there may be a knockoff or two but the real thing is made by Trend Micro, it creates a snapshot of the processes running on your PC at a given time (tech support needs this so that they can determine any program conflicts with STO that may be preventing proper data connection). Also, does your trace have any asterisks in the hops (that would mean a lost packet, not necessarily blocked. Each hop on the trace gets three packets, the transit time displayed in milliseconds) or any transit times over 100ms?

Two different MMOs will produce different results, as they take different pathways to different servers...so saying "it works with X MMO or game" is irrelevant.

Tech responses take between 1-3 business days via ticket. You may get a faster response by going to the global support board.

A lot of people don't understand either that there may be a hardware firewall within their modem. It may be necessary to turn on port forwarding for a particular port (you'll need to contact your ISP or consult your modem's documentation for how to do this).
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting

Last edited by lewstelamon01; 12-06-2012 at 01:44 AM.
Rihannsu
# 4
12-07-2012, 02:43 PM
I looked through some other posts and found out that if you cant connect, you need to download a new launcher, but teech support can't bother to tell people this. They'd rather watch people run around like chickens with their heads chopped off.
Ensign
# 5
12-08-2012, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by materwindu View Post
I looked through some other posts and found out that if you cant connect, you need to download a new launcher, but teech support can't bother to tell people this. They'd rather watch people run around like chickens with their heads chopped off.
tech support need to get off there dam stupid butts

reply to any tickets take to long support for people trying to get on too long

this game us great but has the worst tech support in the world

and i am senior systems engineer very disgraceful of how sto treat there players
Ensign
# 6
05-18-2013, 12:12 PM
I have this problem but downloading a new launcher does nothing