Lt. Commander
# 91
12-06-2012, 10:57 AM
When the Cumberbatch character is fighting the Klingons his outfit seem reminiscent of this.

(not saying he's Q, just referencing the outfit.)
Career Officer
# 92
12-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Boy, aren't you all going to be shocked to find out the villain is actually Harry Mudd.
Vice Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Sarbonn-D
Vice Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Never Surrender
Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=93579366000&dateline=  1354720945
Survivor of Romulus
# 93
12-06-2012, 11:41 AM
The Bad Guy is actually Kirk "the dark side"
Captain
# 94
12-06-2012, 11:52 AM
I want to see it now!

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Career Officer
# 95
12-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollaf View Post
Khan is supposed to still be frozen in the S.S Botany Bay. And Yes I know this is a different timeline, however Nero corrupted the timeline around 2240, Khan was cast into space in 1996.
Not that it would have been possible for another ship to have found the Botany Bay, because the Enterprise is the only ship that is able to fly around space at the moment.

I doubt it's the Khan we know him, though I can see a connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
Watch till the end for the extra footage. Spock death scene inbound?
1# It wouldn't make sense to permanently kill Spock off considering the whole "you two are friends for life" speech given in the fist film.

#2 Zachary Quinto has signed on for three films (at least). This is number two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
THE ENTERPRISE IS AQUATIC?!
Why are we assuming it is the Enterprise? There are other Constitution Class vessels within Starfleet, and if this new villan is looking for a place to hide a ship, why not the water? All we saw of the registry was the 'NCC' so it could be another ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
If you freeze frame the bit when Benedict is flying through the air then starts beating on two people, they look like Klingons. They have the mask, looks like a baldric on one, and a bat'leth in the hand of the other one.
You are right, nice find. I wish they'd remove them stupid helmets though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
The first ship coming out of the water may be the enterprise. But if you pause while the second emerges the nacelles look rectangular. Like TWOK. In fact I also cant see the secondary hull, I think I should be able to.
I too noticed what appeared to be rectangular nacelles on the 'water-crash' scene, but the ship that is coming out of the water, those nacelles are definitely the Constitution type. Either they're one or the same ship, or there are multiple ships submerged in this film (which seems unlikely).

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
As far as I'm concerned, the JJ-verse is just as much Trek as the Mirror Universe. And that's all it is. It does not diminish the last 50 years, it is simply an alternate version. A more violent, aggressive version. But in this universe, Spock didn't grow his beard and Uhura doesn't show off her abs.
This is a perfectly rational way of looking at the new timeline. Kudos to you.
Career Officer
# 96
12-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Alice Eve (the blond in the trailer) may be Elizabeth Dehner. Or she could be Carol Marcus?

IMDB continues to permit itself to name Khan (rumored) as Cumberbatches character. Something that I think is really silly of them to do. Alice Eve's is actually left blank. Which is as it should be. I expect confirmation of both character's to be kept a secret for as long as possible.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Starfleet Veteran
# 97
12-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captwinters1701 View Post
My impressions from the trailer and other clues dropped recently.
1. Villian - Garth of Izar.
Yeah, I was hoping that it would be him. The film could be set before his incarceration at the Elba II asylum. This would be the time where his "career dissolved in a dramatic descent into madness and attempted genocide". But I guess we'll have to wait and see who the villain really is.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Captain
# 98
12-06-2012, 03:06 PM
I swear in the trailer you see ship which looks like the enterprise, consistuation class crash in to the water?
Empire Veteran
# 99
12-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj011 View Post
I swear in the trailer you see ship which looks like the enterprise, consistuation class crash in to the water?
We definitely see a ship crash into the water, but I don't think it's the Enterprise. Reason being, look at the nacelles shape: they're rectangular, not circular. Plus, the Enterprise's nacelles are thicker in the front, while this ship's nacelles are more even

But you're right, it looks very similiar to the Constitution class from Prime Trek
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Last edited by trek21; 12-06-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Career Officer
# 100
12-06-2012, 03:44 PM
To those who keep saying that Star Trek is all about exploration and that JJ should watch the shows are not with it...

No Star Trek film was ever like a show. There was always something that was ready to destroy earth or the federation. And the crew of the enterprise went all out to avert disaster. Yes the number of things blowing up is 10 fold... but I sure wouldn't go to a star trek movie if it was like a show.

Not going to sit in a movie theater for an hour and a half to watch a glorified episode.... Maybe best of both worlds was near movie material... but not much else.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?