Captain
# 101
12-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
Lot's of explosions, great special effects, screaming, destruction... and almost no story at all.
So it's going to be like Star Trek Online?
Survivor of Romulus
# 102
12-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Can you imagine a movie based on STO?

Kirk "Gather a task force"
Spock"the queue is not moving sir"

Kirk "take us to warp"
Sulu "can't sir we are at red alert"

Kirk "Hello attractive space princess"
Dental "Take it somewhere else ERPER"
Career Officer
# 103
12-06-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm TOTALLY excited. I agree, I think with the line "vengance" it's Kahn. He seems to be doing "enhanced human" stuff (jumping, fighting, etc.) and not much god-like stuff. Plus they originally approached Benecio Del Torro and some other hispanic actor first, so that give me a Ricardo Montelban/Kahn/suave guy feel that they were originally looking for.

I also think the blond is Yeoman Rand. Kirk love interest anyone?

BTW, our company has a trailer app and as the resident ST geek I got to curate it and add in polls and trivia and whatnot. If you want to see the trailer again and leave a comment, answer some ST trivia and so forth, please, feel free to check it out here:

https://apps.facebook.com/socialcine...rkness-trailer

And seeing as how this is (obviously) a very ST centric crowd, any feed back would be greatly appreciated. I end up adding a lot of stuff to these movies and trailers but generally don't have direct access to hardcore fans.

EDIT: And hey! Since when I am I an ensign? I've been playing since beta and had tons of comments on the board before (Capt. Hunter of the USS Fury). When did the boards change? I remember my avatar and all still being intact when the PW switch happened quite a while ago. =(
Captain
# 104
12-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussfury View Post
I also think the blond is Yeoman Rand. Kirk love interest anyone?
But why is she wearing blue? Yeoman Rand always wore red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussfury View Post
EDIT: And hey! Since when I am I an ensign? I've been playing since beta and had tons of comments on the board before (Capt. Hunter of the USS Fury). When did the boards change? I remember my avatar and all still being intact when the PW switch happened quite a while ago. =(
Yes, the boards did change back in June. Have you posted since then? Cause if not, that would be why.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Survivor of Romulus
# 105
12-06-2012, 05:07 PM
surely kirks love interest would be much much older
Lt. Commander
# 106
12-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Maybe, at the end of the final alternate timeline movie (whenever that is) "Q" could return and repair the timeline and appear on the bridge of the Enterprise just as he did on his first appearance in "ST: Next Generation"

Empire Veteran
# 107
12-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
But why is she wearing blue? Yeoman Rand always wore red.
Considering the woman is wearing blue, she's leaning more toward Dehner than Rand But things are still up to debate at this point, so we'll see

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
surely kirks love interest would be much much older
We have to remember Kirk isn't 30+ plus years in JJ's Trek In there, he's roughly 20 instead, so any love interest (including temporary or false leads) would have to be close to that age
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
# 108
12-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Umm... it was epic... but I honestly was having a very hard time finding the Trek in the trailor. I'll have to rewatch that a few times to try and understand what's going on.

And when I read the description, an image of Khan and the Enterprise crew on a big chess board came to my mind. I know it's not Khan and it's not really a chess board, but still...
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Survivor of Romulus
# 109
12-06-2012, 05:36 PM
No kirk has issues
he would look for a woman in her 50's
A mother figure

perhaps a role for good old Mrs Gene
Career Officer
# 110
12-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
To those who keep saying that Star Trek is all about exploration and that JJ should watch the shows are not with it...

No Star Trek film was ever like a show. There was always something that was ready to destroy earth or the federation.
Not really. Only The Motion Picture, The Voyage Home and First Contact are direct threats to Earth. Nemesis is more about one man's insanity as he could never realistically have destroyed the federation, it only took a handful of ships to stop him after all, and the Undiscovered country was more about a bunch of Klinks sabotaging a peace process. The rest deal with personal vendettas and the crew risking all to save one of their own. The Final Frontier is a bit of an odd ball one but has one of the best lines in any Trek movie "Excuse me. I'd just like to ask a question. What does God need with a starship?"