Captain
# 131
12-07-2012, 02:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=02LgdXVkXgM way back when the first JJ movie was released
Go pro or go home
Starfleet Veteran
# 132
12-07-2012, 03:58 AM
Im telling you guy the blong could very well be nurse chapel. everyone wanted to hit that.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Captain
# 133
12-07-2012, 05:31 AM
We've seen ships being built on the ground in the Prime timeline. This is nothing new. Here's a pic of a Galaxy class under construction on Mars.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Utop...ia_Fleet_Yards

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Republic Veteran
# 134
12-07-2012, 06:46 AM
That ship that crashes in the water at the end....if you look closely it looks like a connie, but not how the JJprise looked like.

It could be Gary Mitchel, the blond could be Elizabeth Dehner...or Nurse chapel

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party

Last edited by neoakiraii; 12-07-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Career Officer
# 135
12-07-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
We've seen ships being built on the ground in the Prime timeline. This is nothing new. Here's a pic of a Galaxy class under construction on Mars.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Utop...ia_Fleet_Yards
However as you can see in the image with La Forge that the Galaxy class was not finished when assembled in space.
So they appearently only build some of the parts on the ground and assembled and finish the ship in space afterward.
In addition please keep in mind that Mars only has 0.376g, meaning it's much easier to get stuff into orbit than on earth.
Career Officer
# 136
12-07-2012, 07:01 AM
edit: never mind, already mentioned in this thread it might be Izar.
Captain
# 137
12-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
However as you can see in the image with La Forge that the Galaxy class was not finished when assembled in space.
So they appearently only build some of the parts on the ground and assembled and finish the ship in space afterward.
In addition please keep in mind that Mars only has 0.376g, meaning it's much easier to get stuff into orbit than on earth.

All good points. I was merely attempting to point this out since 'building the ship on the ground' seems to be one of the foremost complaints I read online about the JJ film.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Captain
# 138
12-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
We definitely see a ship crash into the water, but I don't think it's the Enterprise. Reason being, look at the nacelles shape: they're rectangular, not circular. Plus, the Enterprise's nacelles are thicker in the front, while this ship's nacelles are more even

But you're right, it looks very similiar to the Constitution class from Prime Trek
Just re watched the trailer the nacelles don't look rectangular at all, they are round, it is quiet possible they upgrade the nacelles of the jj enterprise, If my memory is right, didn't the tos enterprise have its nacelles and other parts of the ships change, its possible that they could have happened with the jjprise, don't know how far long this movie is since the 09 version. Possible could just be another constuation class crashing.
Captain
# 139
12-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Ok there are two ship in water sequences, the first is rising out of the water. the second showing a ship crashing in the water is not the same ship, the nacelles are further apart and smaller in proportion to the saucer.
The first looks like the JJ Enterprise the second looks like a prime universe Constitution refit.
Refit engines are not rectangular, they are cylindrical with a rectangular bussard ramscoop and a bladed tail section.
A ship crashing into the water, ok that's conceivable, it plowing a huge wave in front of it and not breaking up on impact, not so much and a ship rising up out of the water intact goes directly from incredible to ludicrous. The whole point of these ships having shuttles and transporters was because they were too big to land. Space craft are designed to survive vacuum not crushing pressure, impulse engines are atomic fusion powered, use in atmosphere isn't possible, one for environmental reasons, but more importantly because the engine would consume itself and damage the ship propelled by it.
This is Star Trek, not Space Battleship Yamato. Sure this is sci fi so anything is possible but even so in Trek there have always been reasonable limitations on what ships can do.
The Enterprise D force landed on a planet and was rendered unsalvageable, the JJ Enterprise which is the same size though technologically 100 years less advanced, can not only enter an atmosphere, it can submerge and take off again intact.
I will watch the movie and I will probably enjoy it, I do like science fiction and action, but I'm not going to think of this as a Star Trek film, the apple has fallen way too far from the tree.
Captain
# 140
12-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
The Enterprise D force landed on a planet and was rendered unsalvageable, the JJ Enterprise which is the same size though technologically 100 years less advanced, can not only enter an atmosphere, it can submerge and take off again intact.
Connies and Galaxies are not the same size.