Captain
# 11
12-06-2012, 03:59 AM
This looks amazing and the Japanese trailer even better with the extra footage can not wait to see this and the hobbit .
Rihannsu
# 12
12-06-2012, 04:00 AM
The thing that always stops me thinking its Kahn is Benedict is not Asian. The man is white as a snowflake. I know this is a reboot, but its not 100% rebooted as the characters are still meant to be the people they were before nero turned up. Kahn must be played by an indian/asian looking actor. (ricardo was mexican after all).

also if you jump to 0.46 cumberbatch has a starfleet symbol on his top.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 13
12-06-2012, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
also if you jump to 0.46 cumberbatch has a starfleet symbol on his top.
Khan was given a starfleet uniform in Space Seed.
Empire Veteran
# 14
12-06-2012, 04:22 AM
The poster looks similar to the Dark Knight... actually I thought even the trailer score sounded like Dark Knight Rises! lol
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Career Officer
# 15
12-06-2012, 04:26 AM
This looks like a good movie but JJ's Star Trek is beginning to look less and less like Star Trek and more and more like Die Hard in Space. It's pretty clear to me JJ has never even watched Star Trek, it's not all about killing and explosions, it's about exploration, not only exploration of space but an exploration of the human condition.

To me JJ's films are just exploitative popcorn movies designed to rake in as much cash as possible and using the Star Trek IP as a wrapper. I hope I'm wrong, but even the poster picture looks more like Batman than Picard.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
12-06-2012, 04:37 AM
I'm quite excited now, and so is my mother, who is an avid TOS fan. =)
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
12-06-2012, 04:50 AM
The first ship coming out of the water may be the enterprise. But if you pause while the second emerges the nacelles look rectangular. Like TWOK. In fact I also cant see the secondary hull, I think I should be able to.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Rihannsu
# 18
12-06-2012, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
Khan was given a starfleet uniform in Space Seed.
Im not saying that means anything as anyone can be given a starfleet top.

but the whole white/british actor thing is standing in the way of me seeing him as khan.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 19
12-06-2012, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
It can't be Gary Mitchell. He didn't want "vengeance" because he was never wronged. Also his eyes looked like silver and he did psychic stuff with his mind that made him impossible to fight.

This must be Khan. So he was probably found much sooner than in Space Seed. Doesn't matter.
They have a tie-in comic which retold "Where No Man Has Gone Before" in the Abramsverse.

Gary Mitchell is already a guy who got god powers and died in the Abramsverse.

This is Gary Mitchell, back from the grave.
Career Officer
# 20
12-06-2012, 05:02 AM
In fact, the Gary Mitchell Abramsverse comic was billed as a prequel to this movie when it came out.