Lieutenant
# 1 Torpedo Ships
07-20-2013, 09:52 PM
When running all torpedoes forward weapons you should get a bonus to range. Instead of 10 to fire it should be 15. that way torpedo vessels can be viable
Captain
# 2
07-20-2013, 11:09 PM
and OP when you can sit at 15 kilometers firing away when the enemy cant fire back. Better would be a passive specialization bonus that adds to damage or unlocks a new torp skill.
Captain
# 3
07-21-2013, 12:09 AM
Torpedo boats are highly specialized layouts that can be played in game now. It takes a decent build, and a capable captain to pull it off.

It was more viable back in the days of the tricobalt mine, but since the timing nerf it's fallen out of favour.

Adding range would not make them any more dangerous, just be slightly more annoying.
Career Officer
# 4
07-21-2013, 02:14 AM
Torp boats work great, especially with battle cloak and adapted maco set. Top 3 I enjoy are fleet quantums, omega/romulan/plasma, or transphasics. I don't run a "pure" setup of all kinetic because I want shields down. Tetryon and KCB are always in use on my torp boat, but the consoles are all torp based.

I prefer beams because I like subsystem targeting shields to chew them down, but always have THY3 and TS3 in the rotation.
Lieutenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
and OP when you can sit at 15 kilometers firing away when the enemy cant fire back. Better would be a passive specialization bonus that adds to damage or unlocks a new torp skill.
I run a torpedo boat. i have a vesta class topredo boat with chronitons. I never win in pvp. Never. for One beams and cannon fire rate out perform the torpedoes. the only way my ship does damage is if i team with someone and they are able to get the enemy shields down. Other than that no way. Even tried transphasic, and Tricobalts is the worst. So please know what ya talking about. Notice i said distance bonus when you have all torpedoes. No canon or beam arrays. try one or pvp me in one youll see what i mean. I been running this set for 6 months.

Last edited by jojobe; 07-23-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
07-23-2013, 03:44 AM
Torps at front with turrets at rear work well for me, also using disruptor turrets with the Omega set helps, the shield stripper added to all energy damage stacking with the disruptor proc is very nice add the graviton anchor to reduce their defence and that's a good combo.
Lieutenant
# 7
07-23-2013, 03:50 AM
want a 15km torp?
Bio neurals
Captain
# 8
07-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastlegate View Post
want a 15km torp?
Bio neurals
Then it will take like 20 minutes for the weapon to arrive at the target. If it hasn't been shot down along the way
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
07-24-2013, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
Then it will take like 20 minutes for the weapon to arrive at the target. If it hasn't been shot down along the way
So what your saying is that there is a downside?
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 10
07-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Fleet T'Varo + T'Varo 2 piece set bonus + Adapted MACO/Breen set + Rule 62 console + 2x Torp Spread + 3x Projectile Doff = 1 terrifyingly effective torp boat.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?