Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 21
06-30-2013, 06:56 AM
Re-do the Type-10 into using a DBB and Overload, that would give them more offensive punch and actually make them worthwhile to use for spike damage.

Introduce a new Bomber-type to the Feds called the Condor Heavy Bomber. Make it resemble a chunkier, beefier version of the Peregrine, slower but increased hull. Give it, at base, 1 DHC, 1 Quantums, HY1, and X2SIF1 ending with 2 DHC, 2 Quantum, HY3 and X2SIF3 at Fleet level. Limit them to Runabout deployment size.
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.

Captain
# 22
07-09-2013, 06:18 PM
The Elite Slavers aren't so bad as the Advanced Slavers, the photon torpedo they get buffs thier damage.The mine dropping would be better if you had some control over when they drop. It'd be cool if you could command your Fer'jai and Slavers to mine an area before combat.

While Advanced Interceptors out damage Advanced Slavers, because the Chroniton Torpedoes fire more often then enemies trigger and get hit by Quantum mines, the Slavers would still be worth it if they dependable did thier job, stealing crew and goodies regularly, but they don't, so adding the other Interceptorabilities like weapon and engine drain, hyperspeed the Adavanced Interceptors are way better.

At the Elite Level the Orion Interceptors and the Orion Slavers are more even, the Orion Interceptors have more weapons, with high dps photon torpedoes, 360 disruptor beam array, and Qauntum Mines for occasional spikes. Plus I hear Elite Slavers steal more often. Of course the Interceptors get the tractor beams on top of what they already having, giving them good dps. In fact I bet two wings of Elite Interceptors could beat any other carrier pets,including Qaw'Duns, except maybe Elite Drone Ships and Elite Mesh Weavers whose fire at will could be a major problem.

The Elite Type 10 shuttles are a joke in comparison.
Captain
# 23
07-09-2013, 06:22 PM
It'd be kind of neat to compare the hulls of Elite Pets, what's the hull of a Qaw'dun vs. Elite Mesh Weaves, vs. Drone Ships, vs Elite Slavers vs Elite Inceptors vs Elite Stalkers vs. Elite Yellowstones vs Armoured Mauraders and so on.

Does anyone have this information?
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
07-10-2013, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Introduce a new Bomber-type to the Feds called the Condor Heavy Bomber. Make it resemble a chunkier, beefier version of the Peregrine, slower but increased hull. Give it, at base, 1 DHC, 1 Quantums, HY1, and X2SIF1 ending with 2 DHC, 2 Quantum, HY3 and X2SIF3 at Fleet level. Limit them to Runabout deployment size.
You do realise that would make it a Frigate like the BoP and your than asking for twice the numbers, and can be launched from anything rather than just dedicated Carriers like every other Frigate.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 25
07-10-2013, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering the Condor class is the 20+ man frigate weight raider used by the Maquis, it's rather absurd to ask for it to be shrunk down to strike craft size, while retaining frigate pet level firepower
Ensign
# 26
07-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Interesting. Looking forward to finally getting one of the smaller craft for myself ^^ Good to see some of the feedback on them for myself.
Career Officer
# 27
07-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamstrike View Post
I think that the Federation shuttle pets should at least get some mines. It in canon that the normal shuttle can be used to lay mines, the Enterprise had a shuttle do it in "Chain of Command Part II".

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Antimatter_mine
I always laughed at that part in the episode. I was like "Are Riker and LaForge just going to start throwing them out the res door?!?!?"

But yeah -slavers are way better, although they have been borked recently so Advanced slavers aren't stealing anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaphallic View Post
It'd be kind of neat to compare the hulls of Elite Pets, what's the hull of a Qaw'dun vs. Elite Mesh Weaves, vs. Drone Ships, vs Elite Slavers vs Elite Inceptors vs Elite Stalkers vs. Elite Yellowstones vs Armoured Mauraders and so on.

Does anyone have this information?
I tested it out... It was awesome!