Starfleet Veteran
# 21
12-06-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a LOT less traction this year.

I used to run last years event at full speed for most of the course.

This year you can slide up and over hills for a much greater distance.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Commander
# 22 I have an Idea...
12-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Unfortunately, we don't have an easy solution to this issue without sending everyone to a private instance to run the race (which ruins the social aspects of the map). But, we are hearing your feedback, and sharing your frustrations.

We'd hoped that adding the little "queue area" would encourage players to line up and wait their turns. We may end up enforcing that by disallowing interaction with the Race Official unless you're standing in line.... or something. I dunno exactly what, but we're aware of the issue, and are trying to brainstorm ways to improve the functionality.

Until we can potentially put in some sort of enforced fix, we'd like to request that players just play nice. Get in line, wait your turn. It's only like a 10-15sec wait per person in front of you.

Make it like a PvE or PvP que...
Rihannsu
# 23
12-06-2012, 06:27 PM
I have run 7 toons through the race and did not have to wait to que up and never needed to change instances. No problem here. Has there been a problem this year or are people still complaining about last year without actually playing it this year?
Career Officer
# 24
12-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karcorner View Post
I have run 7 toons through the race and did not have to wait to que up and never needed to change instances. No problem here. Has there been a problem this year or are people still complaining about last year without actually playing it this year?
No, just people found a cheat with the new race and easily getting first place. But a fix is already in the works.
Republic Veteran
# 25
12-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Unfortunately, we don't have an easy solution to this issue without sending everyone to a private instance to run the race (which ruins the social aspects of the map). But, we are hearing your feedback, and sharing your frustrations.

We'd hoped that adding the little "queue area" would encourage players to line up and wait their turns. We may end up enforcing that by disallowing interaction with the Race Official unless you're standing in line.... or something. I dunno exactly what, but we're aware of the issue, and are trying to brainstorm ways to improve the functionality.

Until we can potentially put in some sort of enforced fix, we'd like to request that players just play nice. Get in line, wait your turn. It's only like a 10-15sec wait per person in front of you.
I noticed the little queue line yall had set up. How about wrapping the fence around the Race Coordinator and make the fence one of those pesky invisiwalls yall have in certain areas. Like the rails to the walkways on the Breaking the Cord mission or the fence at Starfleet Academy.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Career Officer
# 26
12-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Quote:
I don't know about others but I'm not doing a lot of socializing in the middle of a race. In fact, is some goober wanders in my way and costs me the race, I will be very very very very upset.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Republic Veteran
# 27
12-07-2012, 12:21 AM
When I need motivating for the race, I play this during the race. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q37YJgdw_Ks

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Career Officer
# 28
12-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
When I need motivating for the race, I play this during the race. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q37YJgdw_Ks
I play this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Republic Veteran
# 29
12-07-2012, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
HAHA classic

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Rihannsu
# 30
12-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karcorner View Post
I've been doing the race on both my characters since the event started and never had to wait or switch instances. Not even right when the event started. With 30-man instances and everyone only doing the race once per day (unless they lose), it doesn't seem likely everyone would be trying to do it at once.

To whoever said the button didn't show up at all, make sure you pick up the race mission from the race coordinator first. I just had a situation like that, forgot to pick up the mission then wondered why the start button doesn't appear.

It would, perhaps, be useful if the race official would tell you you need to talk to the other guy first if you go up to him without the mission.