Lieutenant
I was wondering if this is a bug or is it like this for everyone else?

I load the map to edit, and its all jumbled on top of each other, I can test fine, but cant place items correctly as floor 2 of the map is sitting over floor 1...is there a way to fix this?

This is the way the map show in the foundry

This is how it should show!!!
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
12-05-2012, 11:11 PM
So this is one of those maps that date back to the beginnings of the game, well before anyone had conceived of the Foundry. Who knows why they stacked it this way originally. Playing around with it, I can tell you that Level 2 is a few hundred units directly below Level 1, so you'll never get a clean minimap. In order to change it though, they would need to physically move one of the floors. This would have the unfortunate effect of breaking any mission that had used that level previously.

I'm afraid the only way to make use of it is to not rely on the map and place things via trial and error. I've done this with other maps that have errors in their minimap. It's hard but not impossible. That said, I can give you a little help.

What you'll need to do is set every object to zero altitude. In my tests I was able to determin that the floor for the first level is at 0 (Zero Altitude) and the second floor is -762.0 (Zero Altitude) below it. Getting the horizontal coordinates will be harder, but Kirfat shows a technique here that will help you get them more easily:

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tra...ect-placement/

I hope it helps you.

@greendragoon
Lieutenant
# 3
12-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
So this is one of those maps that date back to the beginnings of the game, well before anyone had conceived of the Foundry. Who knows why they stacked it this way originally. Playing around with it, I can tell you that Level 2 is a few hundred units directly below Level 1, so you'll never get a clean minimap. In order to change it though, they would need to physically move one of the floors. This would have the unfortunate effect of breaking any mission that had used that level previously.

I'm afraid the only way to make use of it is to not rely on the map and place things via trial and error. I've done this with other maps that have errors in their minimap. It's hard but not impossible. That said, I can give you a little help.

What you'll need to do is set every object to zero altitude. In my tests I was able to determin that the floor for the first level is at 0 (Zero Altitude) and the second floor is -762.0 (Zero Altitude) below it. Getting the horizontal coordinates will be harder, but Kirfat shows a technique here that will help you get them more easily:

I hope it helps you.
Well the only mission i know that had that map was the fleet action starbase 24 but that was removed when they redid the fleet action (donno why i used to go to that system just to beam down and fight but nooooo everyone said ground was tooooo hard and they removed it)
Lieutenant
# 4
12-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post

I hope it helps you.
Also thank you for the link, I knew of the /loc but i didnt know what to do with the numbers it game me until i saw the vid, so thanks that helped out a lot

Rihannsu
# 5
12-09-2012, 01:53 PM
BTW, /loc reports coords in FEET when the actual object positioning uses meters. just divide by 3 if you want a rough approximation.

I tinkered with that map a long time ago and decided I didn't like it...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.