Starfleet Veteran
We hear Cryptic talking about the player data that they review when making adjustments to the game.

Can I ask, what the hell are they looking at?

S7 has been filled with stupid mistakes, namely the excessive timers, removing the dilithium from STFs and the high dil costs of Rep. gear projects.

Granted, they've fixed a number of their mistakes, but seeing as how they've had to go and undo their nonsense so many times, are they just making up their supposed player data, or is there just a bunch of super elite people that are seriously screwing with the data?

More to that point, reduce the dil costs of the rep system equipment projects.

Last edited by drtassadar; 12-04-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 2
12-04-2012, 08:06 PM
They had to put s7 up first before they can get data from it, and change things according from there.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Career Officer
# 3
12-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Cryptics data shows people love repeating boring content ad infinitum to get currencies to by endgame gear.

Cryptics data shows players love paying a $1.25 a shot for a <1% chance at a cool ship.
Captain
# 4
12-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Can I ask, what the hell are they looking at?
How many people were playing just for the exploits and how many people were wiling to leave because they had to start earning things?
# 5
12-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Believe it or not, there are people who pretty much constantly grind anything they can get. That's what the metrics show, a small percentage of players that accumulate this, that, or the other too quickly, and must be stopped at any cost, lest they... I don't know what the worst case is there. Bore themselves to death? I don't enjoy massive cooldown timers any more than the next person, but there seems to be little that can be done about it. As far as dilithium, it was ankled in some ways, but you can still hit your refining cap in under an hour.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Commander
# 6
12-04-2012, 09:25 PM
to me it sounds about right the player data.
people grind like there's no tomorrow, so the cost of things are kinda high is about right.

but yea i would agree the dilithium cost on the rep store is a tad bit high.
in my opinion i would cut the dilithium cost in half and have it cost marks and half the dilithium cost.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
12-04-2012, 10:13 PM
I don't mind the mark costs, that I can deal with since there's no cap on it, but it's the dilithium cost combined with the cap that bugs me, since the most obvious alternative is to buy dil with zen.

The high dil and time cost to get the best gear annoys me. I'm all for having to work for the best gear through some elaborate mission, but just grinding bores me to ****ing tears, especially since I have more important things to do with my time.
Career Officer
# 8
12-05-2012, 01:59 AM
Like posting here?

Kidding. =3
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Cryptic, I'll take your fancy T6 Ships and blow them out of the star's with my mighty T5 Vor'Cha!
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
12-05-2012, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
Like posting here?

Kidding. =3
I do actually. Sorry if I'm posting too much, but I feel unusually welcome here, unlike other forums. If someone just started calling me an annoying ******* I'd probably stop. haha
Rihannsu
# 10
12-05-2012, 02:47 AM
Cryptic's Player Data = We see something they like and a lot of people use it. NERF IT!!!!