Ensign
# 1 Slow loading
12-06-2012, 03:25 PM
I cannot find a pattern to this, but more often than not, entering another part of this game ends up making me wait for more than two minutes between screens. This happens when going from space to planet, planet to ship, ship to space, space to space, block to block, whatever. The loading screen just sits there and counts up slowly (If the loading screen is percentage based, I'd say it loads at 0.03% every second) until it gets to about 25%, then hits 40, a 1/4 second wait, then poof, I'm in the mission.

System stats:
Win 7 - 64 bit
12gig of DDR3 1333mhz memory
The game is installed to an SSD drive
ASUS 570GTX w/1+gig of memory
Intel i7 8-thread 3.2ghz CPU @ 1333mhz FSB.

* Network activity is pretty much zero (My network switch is right above my montiors and it flashes furiously when heavy network traffic goes - Not this blink twice a second kinda ordeal)
* HDD flashing is non-existant
* About 25% load on the GPU during this load time, memory use at 858mb of 1.2gig.
Career Officer
# 2
12-11-2012, 06:02 AM
Same problem to me and also with all my fleet members.

Last edited by binarycrash; 12-11-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Commander
# 3
12-11-2012, 12:22 PM
A like issue at last for me. Any high traffic areas will zoom to about 90% and then easily stall for 10-20min. in areas like DS9, Sol, or maybe New Romulus.

It's a near certainty ,I'll just call it a quark of my system, spends more time loading ships then they're actually percent. So it gets stuck in a recursive loop. Which is odd because if I load into a area with low or no traffic, I can fly or run up and down a sector or map with 0% issues. Anything with zero or low population loads in seconds for me.

When I first played the game(before I started tweeking my settings) I could spend long enough loading into sol for the server to disconnect me for being idle!

Which is really really bad because Sol and DS9 mean loading for upwards of half a hour to spend 10 seconds actually on the map.

---

My two cents? Give me a switch that says "If your a friend, on my team, or this isn't a combat map? I don't want to load in your ship on my screen."

Failing that, make the loop a 'for' loop instead of a 'while' or 'do while' loop. With a 'time to live' anything that would slow a system down can just be ignored or farmed out to another thread while the player gets on with their game!
Captain
# 4
12-27-2012, 01:16 PM
It's taking me up to an hour to load starbases. It took me an hour to load Spacedock, and it's taking another hour to load DS9. Transiting through the sector blocks was fine, but these space stations are abysmal today. It's the worst that it's ever been. I've had waits of a five minutes, maybe ten, and terrible lagging and jerking once I'm in, but never anything like this as far as loading.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"