Commander
# 31
12-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Something....nice...about STO....on these forums, the High Kingdom of Nerd Rage?

Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Captain
# 32
12-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewstelamon01 View Post
Something....nice...about STO....on these forums, the High Kingdom of Nerd Rage?

It can happen.

Keeping in line with the OP: The Winter Coats can be used with the Diplomatic Boff. Yay.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lieutenant
# 33
12-07-2012, 05:11 PM
I can hand on heart say I have had more fun and lol game play in Q's winter wonderland today.
Than I have had for a long time in game.

The snowman invasion is awesomely funny and if you get the chance call over zone for back up.

The sight of a horde of fed and kdf players spilling over the hill down to the lake as back up is an out standing game play moment which no scripting could replicate.

And the items available are very cool and some will even find use for the rest of the year too.
All for running a few races or killing comical snowmen and their big daddy the stay puff giant lol.

For once I will give it a big thumbs up cryptic.
Cheers.
Captain
# 34
12-08-2012, 03:15 AM
I have had quite a lot of fun with the Avalanche! The best part is the hole where 40 snowmen stand in line; it is actually a spawn point. Pair up with a teammate who has an Avalanche, stand atop the cliff above the snowmen, and mortar to your heart's content. 80 kills in just the first 5 seconds!

In addition, I have changed my mind about the scarves. I used to think they completely spoil the look of the coat, but we discovered today that the scarf can work if you also use the fur-lined Vetaran pauldrons and capes. Actually, it can look quite good even. Incredibly, even the Spine Armour works when used with the pauldrons and capes! I have to admit though, even with that whole set, I think males still cannot really look that good with a scarf (my own personal opinion). On females, if they have the entire set, go for it by all means.

Now that EVERYONE knows the shortcut, and uses it, the race actually can turn into quite the challenge!

Don't know if you can tell, but I am having quite lots of fun in the Winter Wonderland. Especially when we get the entire Shadow Force in the same instance.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Career Officer
# 35
12-08-2012, 03:42 AM
PvP is fun.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 36
12-08-2012, 04:29 AM
What I love:

Vesta. Its about time Science got a ship that has some serious flexibility and an upgrade overall. Cryptic has had a dangerous precedent in which they turned Science ships into some gosh awful "hybrids" like the nebula. You cant be a Science captain in a ship that cant steer like one.

What I hate:

Nay-Sayers and Cry-Babies in general. after the Vesta was released, there were ppl posting on threads I ran calling it the "USS Mary Sue" and saying it was too OP. Even rationalizing it out to them proved fruitless.

Another Cry-Baby incident was with the recent change to Eng Team, which ripped out the effectiveness of VM.