Starfleet Veteran
Hi everyone!

1. Set NPC State (Enemy, Neutral, Ally)

Wouldn't you like to have allied "true" Romulan ships (without re-skinning Fed ships) helping you out in a situation against the Klinguns for example or against the Borg? Wouldn't you like to create a mission with a wargame scenario against other "true" Federation ships without having to re-skin other enemy squads as Federation ships?

Also, instead of creating an NPC that does nothing, wouldn't you like to have NPC groups already created, but have them do nothing for first (neutral state) and then switch to your side or join the enemy, based on a dialogue decision? For now, you have to hide the NPC and create a mob at it's place.

2. (Space Only) Allow Individual Non-Scaling NPC Mobs

On ground, it's possible to just spawn groups that don't scale (either you fight them as single player and away team, or with 2 up to 5 players and one less away team member with each player number rising). In space, the enemy mobs scale. You cannot fight Dreadnoughts until the player amount has reached 4 or 5 in number.

Wouldn't you like to fight a boss in space without having to team with 3 or 4 other players? To make the boss fight a bit more balanced, an author could simply add one or two battleship groups to the allied side and then it should be possible to defeat a Dreadnought "group" quite easily. There should be one NPC group option with a single Dreadnought (no company). In combination with the above "set state" option, you could add a Dreadnought to the allied side as well, and then you could fight a Dreadnought and a battleship on the enemy side. As you see, creativity knows no boundaries!

3. (Ground Only) Allow Captain Only Missions and 1 or 2 AT Member Missions (instead of 4 always)

For that, of course the ground mobs would have to scale accordingly. That way it would be nice to have the captain beam down and fight an enemy captain 1 vs 1, for example an epic fight between a Starfleet Captain (player) and a Klingon Dahar Master (enemy) in the Hall of Kronos. Whatever, also here, be creative! But we need to be able to do this, would be so nice and I think it wouldn't be too much of an issue. We have seen exploration missions with 1 away team member only. We have seen Captain only missions, and we have seen 2 away team member only missions, such as the Devidian ground mission on the TOS set part.

What do you think? Meow!
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Captain
# 2
12-02-2012, 08:05 AM
I like them all.

Another thing they should do is make it possible to make shuttle-only missions.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Captain
# 3
12-02-2012, 09:14 AM
All very much needed.
Career Officer
# 4
12-02-2012, 12:33 PM
I agree this stuff would be a major improvement.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Ensign
# 5
12-02-2012, 02:11 PM
How about the addition of creating custom mobs?

Lets say you wanted an NPC ship in your mission to use Phasers and Chroniton Torpedoes? There are no races that utilize both those weapons together (not to my knowledge at least).

As a tradeoff for customizing an NPC, they would be classified as a basic alien mob to avoid screwing up the accolades.

Just a thought.
Lieutenant
# 6
12-02-2012, 02:57 PM
A few ideas I've had:

1. The ability to change the default text and behavior of an NPC on a trigger. Example: bar patrons go from partying to cowering when bad guys beam in. It would add a lot to immersion if we could do this - it occurs in mission.

2. Ability to de-spawn NPC contacts. I can understand there may be tracking issues with de-spawning enemies but removing non-combative contacts would be really helpful.

3. Mixing clothing options from Feds & KDF (e.g. KDF top & Fed bottom & boots), as well as allowing restricted costumes (Nausican, Orion, Gorn) & parts (Gorn feet & Caitian tails) on NPC aliens to give more variety for NPC's.

4. Creating some melee only NPC's so we can skin them for use as 'primitive' warriors.

Whew! Just brainstorming here.

Last edited by aliendejour; 12-02-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Captain
# 7
12-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliendejour View Post
2. Ability to de-spawn NPC contacts. I can understand there may be tracking issues with de-spawning enemies but removing non-combative contacts would be really helpful.
I think we already have that.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
12-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Yuppies, "hide NPC" is now possible. However, change an NPC's state is not possible ... yet, I hope. Yeah, shuttle missions would be cute as well.

Create a mob of your own ... sure! That's it, a mob / enemy group editor! That way even a five man space player group would only encounter a single battleship (purrhaps with Dreadnought mob background, just skinned as a battleship, for example a "true" Borg Cube (Tactical Cube in disguise) ... against five players, as it should be ... that would be cute.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
12-03-2012, 10:57 AM
It's telling that each person that starts one of these threads has almost word for word the same requests. And this is over almost 2 years of the Foundry.

I think we can say definitively that the whole author community ? past and present ? wants these things.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
12-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Meow, that's true. ^^ So, Maria Zero sunshine, pleeeease add those features. *hugs*