Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Crew
11-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Ok someone must of said this before: I think when you upgrade or change to a different ship, the crew of that ship stay on it unless you choose to take the crew with you. That way if i want to take out a science ship (for example), or a ship designed to take on a enemy, you know that THAT crew has had its skills based round it.

Also it would be a good way to use up more of the crew that assigned to you, else, like with me, they just sit stale and never used. you could have it split even more, you crew for each ships plus a ground crew you wish to take with you, maybe one set with phasers, and another with polaron based weapons

I just feel like its a wasted, you spend lots of time building up an offer, only to get a very rare one which you want to use, and the only way to use them is if you get ride of someone fully trained up. plus it would give you a reason todo more of the old missions, to train your new crew up

just a thpught, let me know what you think
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenfelix69 View Post
Ok someone must of said this before: I think when you upgrade or change to a different ship, the crew of that ship stay on it unless you choose to take the crew with you. That way if i want to take out a science ship (for example), or a ship designed to take on a enemy, you know that THAT crew has had its skills based round it.

Also it would be a good way to use up more of the crew that assigned to you, else, like with me, they just sit stale and never used. you could have it split even more, you crew for each ships plus a ground crew you wish to take with you, maybe one set with phasers, and another with polaron based weapons

I just feel like its a wasted, you spend lots of time building up an offer, only to get a very rare one which you want to use, and the only way to use them is if you get ride of someone fully trained up. plus it would give you a reason todo more of the old missions, to train your new crew up

just a thpught, let me know what you think
Based on what I've read of your "thpught", you're asking for one of the following:

- For ships to gain experience/levels regardless of the bridge crew/duty officers equipped
- For bridge officer assignments to be permanent, requiring the hiring/training of new Boffs whenever a player changes ships or gets a new ship
- For crew to become a finite resource that gets used up and must be replaced, rather than the combat statistic that it is now

None of these ideas are good ones because:

- There would be no good reason to change builds.
- There are already enough complaint threads about changing race/class, and now you want to permanently set a person's build?
- Given how many non-ideal builds there are out there taking up space in queues, you're basically asking people who've inadvertently screwed themselves over to keep themselves screwed.
- We would be forced to maintain far too many bridge officers
- The joy of having a new ship would be diminished because we would have to start "from scratch" every time we changed ships

So no, bad idea.
Captain
# 3
11-27-2012, 03:04 AM
Do you mena boff layout? Cos your boffs do stay the same for that ship. My sovereign is set up for tanking skills, while my defiant is all about cannon powers. They have a different boff layout that is always set up so when i take the ship out, it is isntantly ready for combat (although a bug has meant my crew keeps running off whenever I switch ships).

As for ground crew, you can. I have some boffs set up for general missions, but I also have 4 who are part of my Tactical Response Team. The TRT has different uniforms and have heavy weapons, set up for those missions where you know you need maximum firepower. You can buy extra boff slots from the c store, i think it's 250 zen for 2, and get up to about 50 odd. So you can basically do what you are asking.

Unless I misunderstood you.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Commander
# 4
11-27-2012, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
Based on what I've read of your "thpught", you're asking for one of the following:

- For ships to gain experience/levels regardless of the bridge crew/duty officers equipped
- For bridge officer assignments to be permanent, requiring the hiring/training of new Boffs whenever a player changes ships or gets a new ship
- For crew to become a finite resource that gets used up and must be replaced, rather than the combat statistic that it is now

None of these ideas are good ones because:

- There would be no good reason to change builds.
- There are already enough complaint threads about changing race/class, and now you want to permanently set a person's build?
- Given how many non-ideal builds there are out there taking up space in queues, you're basically asking people who've inadvertently screwed themselves over to keep themselves screwed.
- We would be forced to maintain far too many bridge officers
- The joy of having a new ship would be diminished because we would have to start "from scratch" every time we changed ships

So no, bad idea.
He said nothing about this being permanent.
And no1 would be forced to do anything.
You would only replenish / hire more crew if needed or wanted to.
You would not have to start from scratch every time you have your crew that you choose to keep or let then run things on older ships .
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-27-2012, 04:25 AM
Yep, at least you get where im going from seanftd...

All my bridge officer slots are full, yet I have loads of rare and very rare officers which I would like to assign and use, but I can?t unless I delete one already assigned.

I just think that each ship you have you should be able assign a new bridge crew for it, just like what you have with the consoles for each ship, you don?t need to take them off one ship and onto another when you upgrade of buy a new one. So if I take my runabout out I know that a BO is already assigned to the ship and ready to head out, or if I switch to a Vice Admiral ship to take on the Borg I know that the consoles are what I want it to take them on as are the BO?s and abilities they bring

But if you want to stick with the same crew throughout the game then you can
Commander
# 6
12-07-2012, 07:13 AM
Indeed sir
Captain
# 7
12-07-2012, 09:45 AM
I think that what is being touched upon here is that BOFF station slots on a ship should be "inventory" slots the same as the equipment slots. In other words, BOFFs assigned to a station on a ship should be "transferred" out of your ready-BOFFs list and to the ship, while de-equipping them from the ship will transfer them back to your ready-BOFFs list. While this is an interesting notion, it also subverts the tight limits on your BOFF roster that Cryptic wants to enforce.
How many Starfleet Engineers does it take to exchange an Anti-positronic Photon Emitter?