Captain
um, ok I just made tier 1, for omega, and looked at the price it costs to get the good old borg tech for the ships, (such as the shield, engines, etc), and um.... yeppers... they've definitly made it harder to get.

It's 450 omega marks Plus 14,000 crystals for ONE of those ! Oh, and the universal console is 500
omega, and 15,000 crystals.

Does anybody else see this as a total heart renching ripp off smack in the face poop?

All I know is, it's a good thing I've got extra borg tech from BEFORE season 7 destroyed the good old days of the STF rewards.

I guess star trek figured, "if they're complaining, let's really change things to make them pay and see just how lucky they had it bwahahahhhaa"

what a sad sad thing.... and graphics they've made now so unless you have a better computer, the maps will go slower than a snail.

yea, truly "merry christmas" from the sto eh LOL.
Lieutenant
# 2
12-07-2012, 02:10 AM
wait til tier 5
Commander
# 3
12-07-2012, 05:40 AM
I think it's pretty pathetic that they removed the console from a episode that's been a long standing reward of it just so they could possibly make a buck off it. No matter who you are, whether you're a ass kisser or hater or indifferent, you must be severely disappointed with that decision, and gives Cryptic a pretty big black eye. The only reason there's not more rage over it is because "everyone" has it already, and they're more bothered over the costs of **** they don't have yet than something they got for free ages ago.

I have one for all of my characters, but I'm not any less disgusted over it.

And yeah, wait til tier V when things get downright silly.
Captain
# 4
12-07-2012, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romuzarii View Post
I think it's pretty pathetic that they removed the console from a episode that's been a long standing reward of it just so they could possibly make a buck off it. No matter who you are, whether you're a ass kisser or hater or indifferent, you must be severely disappointed with that decision, and gives Cryptic a pretty big black eye. The only reason there's not more rage over it is because "everyone" has it already, and they're more bothered over the costs of **** they don't have yet than something they got for free ages ago.

It seems I am not the only one disappointed about this season 7 change over with things.

What they should do is allow us to trade our borg tech on the exchange for EC, because I got some borg tech, extra ones, not alot but some, and newer players won't have the borg tech, so it would be a good thing for all, if we were allowed to place it on the exchange.

And I agree, it should have remained in an episode, for the universal console. Change is not a good thing. if somethings not broke , don't fix it.
Captain
# 5
12-07-2012, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romuzarii View Post

I find that I can feel a little better about it by looking at the piles of Borg consoles/deflectors/engines/shields I already have and thinking of them as a great, big middle finger to whomever it is decided they should suddenly become hard to get.
Captain
# 6
12-07-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
I find that I can feel a little better about it by looking at the piles of Borg consoles/deflectors/engines/shields I already have and thinking of them as a great, big middle finger to whomever it is decided they should suddenly become hard to get.
hanover2, I have to say, I totally like your attitude to it! LOL

That got me a bit cheered up actually !

Yeppers, I'll see it as that way, a middle finger LOL, because I do have borg tech too! hee hee.

not alot, but hey, enough for each ship almost and some borg ship weapons so yea!

Thanks for that.

Last edited by amahood; 12-07-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 7
12-07-2012, 10:05 AM
I do not like the way we need to jump though hoops to get the Borg gear now.

The new system just seems to drag on forever just to unlock some basic equipment.

I agree that the prices are way over the top has well.

The whole system makes no sense from an immersion standpoint.

Omega Vendor: OMG! The Borg are invading the Quadrant!

You: The Borg! What should we do?

Omega Vendor: Don't worry Admiral we've been preparing for the Borg and we've got all the equipment that anyone could possibly need to deal with the Borg.

You: That's great! Give me the best equipment that you have and I'll get out there and help drive the Borg out of our Quadrant!

Omega Vendor: Yeah well.... I'd love to give you this stuff but unfortunately you just don't have enough Reputation with our organization to warrant me letting you have the best possible gear for dealing with the Borg.

You: What the hell are you talking about you idiot! The Borg are invading and I'm willing to put my life on the line and get out there and protect morons like you and your telling me that at you can't give me the equipment that I need because I'm not down with your Click!

Omega Vendor: Yeah Sir...I Don't make the rules

You: Rules!? What hell are the God Damn Rules!?!

Omega Vendor: Well 1st you need to get out there and kill has many Borg has you can and salvage parts of their fallen bodies and then if you live, bring those parts back here to us and we'll give you a point total and possibly let you buy some the lower level Borg equipment and then you go out and do it all over again!

You: Point system?! What the hell man since when did Starfleet become Finger Hut!?

You: OMFG! Do you work on Commission or something!?

You: You know what Screw it! And when the Borg get here I hope they Assimilate your Dumb Ass First!

Last edited by errab; 12-07-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Captain
# 8
12-07-2012, 10:30 AM
I am just glad I got the Assimilated Console a week before Season 7 went live since I knew they would remove the Assimilated reward eventually. Almost every MMO that I played has its highest level of gear locked behind grind. It is either some type of point system or random drop. The only MMOs that I played that didn't have to grind for gear is City of Heroes where you could purchase enhancements through their version of C-Store or it is a random drop from any character or purchase it through their version of the exchange. Although, you did have to grind for powers. Tabula Rasa didn't have any unique items that required grinding for. Sure very rares were more difficult to obtain than it is for STO, but there was no npcs that needed to be farmed for a random drop and no point system. Of course, there was the problematic waiting for a boss npc to respawn for a quest, but that was it. Of course, both of these MMOs are dead, but I am not making a comment on grind keeps MMOs alive. The other MMOs that I have played, DC Universe Online, The Old Republic, The Secret World, and Anarchy Online have some grind. DC Universe Online and The Old Republic seem to follow the point system of grind, Anarchy Online seems to follow the random drop grind, and The Secret World seems to follow the random drop grind and the point system grind.
Career Officer
# 9
12-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
I am just glad I got the Assimilated Console a week before Season 7 went live since I knew they would remove...
Don't forget the Mk XI Reman Prototype Covariant Shield too! That's also a rep-store purchase now (but is still - in-game in the Coliseum mission) - I'm sure that'll vanish shortly too. Not as big a deal as the Assimilated Console but it's a pretty thing and nice to put on ships you don't use much any more (mine's on my NX ).
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 10
12-07-2012, 10:51 AM
I understand the reasons for the rage around this particular subject, but really...

Just Play the Game...,

The time will pass quickly and before ya know it you'll have all the needed resources to get whatever it is you want...

And if ya already have it..., then why the Whinage???

It's become waaay to fashionable around here to complain about stuff that we have very little, to no control over.

If it gets yer knickers in that much of a snit... ..........Walk Away for a while.

The game will still be here when ya come back and you'll feel better for having the knowledge that you haven't let a piece of Mindless Digital Entertainment get the better of you.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 12-07-2012 at 10:53 AM.