Captain
# 11
12-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Don't forget the Mk XI Reman Prototype Covariant Shield too! That's also a rep-store purchase now (but is still - in-game in the Coliseum mission) - I'm sure that'll vanish shortly too. Not as big a deal as the Assimilated Console but it's a pretty thing and nice to put on ships you don't use much any more (mine's on my NX ).
I don't think they will remove it. It is actually listed in the project description that you can get the Reman Shield through the Coliseum mission. Besides its not as impressive as the Assimilated Console so you will have a ton of people skipping over that version of the set to get it at Tier 5.
Empire Veteran
# 12
12-07-2012, 10:54 AM
1500 dilithium? That is less than two days grinding. I believe that that has been the historical cost for the borg items.
Commander
# 13
12-07-2012, 11:21 AM
If they'd remove the "bend over and spread 'em" dilithium costs from this stuff it wouldn't be so bad. Dil is more of a chore than ever to get, but you need ridiculous amounts of it for most things.
Commander
# 14
12-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
I understand the reasons for the rage around this particular subject, but really...

Just Play the Game...,

The time will pass quickly and before ya know it you'll have all the needed resources to get whatever it is you want...
Because you can't "just play the game" anymore. Cryptic has very specific hoops you have to grind through if you want to advance your character.

I would love to "just play the game" the way I want to and accrue advancement points, but that's not what Season 7 is about.
Commander
# 15
12-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
You: Point system?! What the hell man since when did Starfleet become Finger Hut!?
Best line of the week
Community Moderator
# 16
12-07-2012, 12:20 PM
79 cents for a box of banana walrus wafers? That's ridiculous!
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Ensign
# 17
12-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
1500 dilithium? That is less than two days grinding. I believe that that has been the historical cost for the borg items.
Uh, no, you are wrong, like, 100% wrong. Borg set items used to cost 5 EDC. It was a nice starter set that would give you something to use while you were working on the MACO/Omega sets.

5 EDC was 5 STFs (or WAY less if you got lucky or did them on bonus days). You could also get the drops that would earn you the item without spending the EDC (that option is long gone too).

Now the items cost 500 marks and 15000 dilithium (plus an EC cost in materials that for the sake of argument we'll call 'trivial').

How many STFs would it take to earn that? 480 dil per STF. So somewhere in the neighborhood of 30.

5 STFs vs 30 STFs.

I get that they have no content and they're stalling for time, making people re-earn the right to purchase things they used to earn for just playing STFs, but seriously. The lower tiers are just plain ridiculous.
Career Officer
# 18
12-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitranokai View Post
Uh, no, you are wrong, like, 100% wrong. Borg set items used to cost 5 EDC. It was a nice starter set that would give you something to use while you were working on the MACO/Omega sets.
Now the items cost 500 marks and 15000 dilithium (plus an EC cost in materials that for the sake of argument we'll call 'trivial').
Uh, no, the Borg set used to cost 3, 3-4 hour long missions. Then the best set became the cheapest set to get in S6.
Empire Veteran
# 19
12-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitranokai View Post

When I say historically, I mean including the time before EDC. Remember Omega Fleet? Probably not. >sigh<