Career Officer
Please make an ADAPTED M.A.C.O. PHASER BATTLE RIFLE XII to go with the adapted set instead of the PULSEWAVE rifle or in addition to it. It would be nice to have a choice of weapons to go with these sets. I love the armor and the shield but I hate pulsewave weapons.

Thanks!
Commander
# 2
01-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Not going to happen. In order for sets not to be overpowered, different items in the set will not work better than others. So one item in a set usually sucks ( For instance, MACO Space Engines) One is pretty good (MACO Shields) and one is pretty decent (MACO deflector)
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Empire Veteran
# 3
01-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Pulsewaves are the best stf weapons, and the best ground weapons in many situations. It's good to force people to use good weapons occasionally. So a huge NO THANKS is required here.
Career Officer
# 4 your opinion...
01-10-2013, 03:58 PM
pulsewaves being the best is just your opinion. THe battle rifle is the way to go because you can target and fire from over 30 meters.
Empire Veteran
# 5
01-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bublawek View Post
pulsewaves being the best is just your opinion. THe battle rifle is the way to go because you can target and fire from over 30 meters.
It's not an opinion it's a fact. NPCs don't have distance penalties (or they are really low), players do. Anyone not shooting at close range in pve has still a lot to learn about ground combat. Thus a pulsewave is the best weapon because it's a short-range weapon. If you try to snipe drones you'll likely die pretty often. And the kdf pulsewave is the best weapon in game but you must play accordingly.
Captain
# 6
01-10-2013, 04:22 PM
As far as I can gather, only certain weapons (like the pulsewave specifically) have range penalties, and the Tactical drones have a range of 30m. Personally, I use the sniper rifle for long range (really, anything more than like 7.5 or so meters), while closing in to hammer on them with the pulsewave.
Captain
# 7
01-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Pulsewaves are the only weapons that suffer range penalties. My MACO battle rifle does the same damage up close as it does far away. But combine the two, and you got gold. Sniper/Shotgun. Classic FPS combo. Works great in Halo. Works great in CoD. Works great in STO. And since most drones (cept that prick armek) have a max range of 30m, your sniper rifles can shoot em from outside of their range. Works wonderfully on elite drones, esp in IGE. You can distract them while your team goes in and saves the idio... erm hostages.

But when it comes to close quarters, like on KAGE or CGE, and large parts of IGE? Yeah, you go with the shotgu... erm pulsewaves. So instead of just restricting it to just one, use both!
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 8
01-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
It's not an opinion it's a fact. NPCs don't have distance penalties (or they are really low), players do. Anyone not shooting at close range in pve has still a lot to learn about ground combat. Thus a pulsewave is the best weapon because it's a short-range weapon. If you try to snipe drones you'll likely die pretty often. And the kdf pulsewave is the best weapon in game but you must play accordingly.

Get in close put the barrels (It's double barreled) into the enemy's gut and pull the trigger.