Starfleet Veteran
# 11
12-07-2012, 09:43 AM
I spent hours there on my kdf...the white is such a nice contrast to the horrid red ui.....plus i like snow weeee

what id like to see for next year to give us more stuff to do....

snowman making competition or snowcastle making competition. more ways to earn the looty stuff to buy the other looty stuff you know.

ability to lie down and make snow angels...

figure skating competition !!
a special arena sactioned area for one on one duels or mass snowball pvp fun?
Career Officer
# 12
12-07-2012, 10:07 AM
More figure skating!!!! I would love to do some more spins, jumps, and figure eights. Maybe a small hockey game on the ice versus the snowman would be cool too. Star Trek Online Hockey League.
Career Officer
# 13
12-07-2012, 12:57 PM
A little history here. Until last year, there was not a Winter Wonderland. This year's version has more to do than last year's. I suspect that next year's version will have more to do also.

Someone complained in chat that the Devs should have been spending their time working on "content" instead of this. My PvP queue popped before I could ask what he considered "content".

I'm liking the additional stuff I can earn. My Klingons finally get a coat - woohoo!

Would I like even more ways to earn the commodities to get my new stuff? Yes. Maybe next year.

In the end, I've wanted a Breen ship since they were first put in game. Now I can have that with only about 2.5 times the grind I went through last year for just an accolade. I'm happy with that.
Career Officer
# 14
12-07-2012, 01:14 PM
I would just like to see more ways to get Holiday 'crafting materials', for lack of a better term, than the half-hour Snowman fight, very rare snowball pile popups, and Lobi store. I'd like to get these things this holiday season without completely sacrificing play in other areas of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-07-2012, 02:12 PM
While i would like more stuff there also, lets not forget that this zone is only here for a month. But perhaps some kind of mission with the wildlife would be nice. Also i would like some kind of "carolling" mission. Perhaps even a pvp snowball fight.

+1 for the ability to make snow angels

Also could we have an option to convert one commodity into another? I found 15 epohh tags in snowpiles yesterday, already having 40 plus from the pvp race. GPL is meh until there is something nice in the GPL store.

In the end this event is better than last years so thank you.
Ensign
# 16
12-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Would be nice to get the skating animations during the races you get the speed anyway, and I only got them so I don't look like I'm tripping on ice all the time.
Career Officer
# 17
12-07-2012, 05:54 PM
I like the new snowball guns
snowman alerts are cool
the endurance race was cool
Ensign
# 18
12-07-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm pretty pleased with what they've done with it this year. I really appreciate the little wooden queue for the race official (it's subtle, but it helps). The ability to get a free ship out of the deal is really fantastic. I don't see anything to complain about here.

I do agree that they need to kill the shortcut on the PvP race. Aside from that, I absolutely agree that their focus should go back to the pieces of the game that stick around all year. This is a cool event, but there's no reason to have the Dev team dump time into creating a temporary zone that can keep people entertained for hours on end.
Career Officer
# 19
12-07-2012, 10:21 PM
like last year, this whole thing lacks the main spirit of the holidays - giving. it's just another grindfest... sad.
why is it that so many bugs and glitches go ignored?
Ensign
# 20
12-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamyfishstick View Post
like last year, this whole thing lacks the main spirit of the holidays - giving. it's just another grindfest... sad.
Wow, you're right. I'm not sure how I could have possibly missed it. Grinding for five whole minutes a day, in order to get a free ship, is just way too much work. They're totally missing the point of this holiday. They should give you everything, all at once, for no effort on your part at all.

That would make it the best, most profitable game ever!

Or was your point that they're missing the capitalist spirit of the holiday, and they should be selling us something instead of giving it to us at no cost, for a relatively small investment of time?