Survivor of Romulus
# 411
12-09-2012, 04:09 AM
Im waiting for the price for special projects to be converted to Zen (say 1000 a pop)
Career Officer
# 412
12-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
The hilarity is you're already wrong in your statement that "they're going keep their hands off" they've already interfered twice to stabilize the exchange and have failed. Imagine what the value of Zen would have been if they had continued to offer no dilithium reward for STF's , we would be looking at sub 80 prices by now.
Perhaps I should clarify. I meant them interfering directly with large influx of Dil directly in the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumosmith View Post
What it forced me to do was evaluate what was important to me. As it turned out, a lot of the content wasn't important to me, so I scaled back my playing.

EXACTLY!. I find myself and others doing this as well. I was trying to keep up with at least the Omega rep for 3 of alts but they are all pretty much stuck at the cutting beam.

Add in the timegates at every turn when you want to advance something and you feel even less like you want to log in everyday.This is a serious problem Cryptic is facing. Sure, it can be said its a nice move toward a more laid back casual playstyle, where you feel no pressure to log in, but its gone too far in that direction.... now you wonder why should bother logging in.
Career Officer
# 413
12-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
EXACTLY!. I find myself and others doing this as well. I was trying to keep up with at least the Omega rep for 3 of alts but they are all pretty much stuck at the cutting beam.

Add in the timegates at every turn when you want to advance something and you feel even less like you want to log in everyday.This is a serious problem Cryptic is facing. Sure, it can be said its a nice move toward a more laid back casual playstyle, where you feel no pressure to log in, but its gone too far in that direction.... now you wonder why should bother logging in.
Kudos to you for managing to get that far on 3 alts - I've not even managed to get that far on one alt, and have cut down my play time to focus upon my main. I can't be bothered to go through the Marks grind that many times

This rep system feels more like it belongs in a browser than a 3D game; I'm not earning reputation, I'm buying it with energy credits and waiting 20 hours to click a little more.
----
Career Officer
# 414
12-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
Kudos to you for managing to get that far on 3 alts - I've not even managed to get that far on one alt, and have cut down my play time to focus upon my main. I can't be bothered to go through the Marks grind that many times

This rep system feels more like it belongs in a browser than a 3D game; I'm not earning reputation, I'm buying it with energy credits and waiting 20 hours to click a little more.
Hahah thats very true... it is Evony-esque we even have the big boobed broad on the front page.
Career Officer
# 415
12-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Hahah thats very true... it is Evony-esque we even have the big boobed broad on the front page.
Haha, given Evony's advertising progression I wonder what we'll be seeing on STO's frontpage by season 9...
----
Captain
# 416
12-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Interesting thread that just got funny. Evony ... wow.

Forgive my ignorance but I am still learning this part of STO ... if I'm spending Zen to buy Dilithium then these prices hurt *me* because I'm wanting D faster than the I could get it myself.

But for those selling Dilithium, the low D->Z is a benefit because less effort is needed to acquire the D to sell, correct? But, what is the Zen being used for by the Dilithium sellers?
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Career Officer
# 417
12-09-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
But for those selling Dilithium, the low D->Z is a benefit because less effort is needed to acquire the D to sell, correct?
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
But, what is the Zen being used for by the Dilithium sellers?
Ships
Lockbox Keys (either for opening lockboxes or selling on the exchange for ECs)

And some are probably hanging on to the Zen, hoping that it'll rise in value to a larger sum than they paid for it - if you buy Zen now for 100 Dil->1 Zen and the exchange rate goes back up to 125 Dil->1 Zen you've just made 25% more Dil without doing a thing.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Republic Veteran
# 418
12-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Put it this way. I cant say that i miss 300+dil per zen. The market doesnt seem ro have gone back up since i asked sellers to atificially deflate the market durring one of the first lockbox event which they did do. Guess they made enough not to raise it back up. In a way i want to say im slightly responsible but it has been a long time since then.

I asked this because in the previous event they inflatted the price ro near cap. So i asked if we could deflate it to stick it to cryptic by making it more appealing to buy via dilith. In a way it pushed the market medium to affordable levels for all players.
Captain
# 419
12-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Ships
Lockbox Keys (either for opening lockboxes or selling on the exchange for ECs)

And some are probably hanging on to the Zen, hoping that it'll rise in value to a larger sum than they paid for it - if you buy Zen now for 100 Dil->1 Zen and the exchange rate goes back up to 125 Dil->1 Zen you've just made 25% more Dil without doing a thing.
Thank you.

Man, I think people need to walk away from this aspect of the game.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Survivor of Romulus
# 420
12-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Right

lockbox keys need to be bind on purchase
Dilith-zen needs to be set and locked
projects need to have a zen requirement /option instead of dilith
The market should list ALL available prices not merely the lowest