Commander
# 481
12-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artanisen View Post
the reason why the dilithium keeps crashing everyones buying up dilithium so blame the developers on that part. and no ones selling up dilithium.

so the more items that cost refine dilithium the more dil exchange will crash
the less money pwe will make.
Actually Cryptic makes more money when people buy Zen to trade for dilithium at low levels. This is what they want.
Commander
# 482
12-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artanisen View Post
so the more items that cost refine dilithium the more dil exchange will crash
the less money pwe will make.
It works both ways, when mega low and mega high. People have reasons to buy zen to purchase dilithium. When it's high, dil buyers are more prone to throw a dollar or 50 at it. When it's low and everything costs dilithium with a daily 8k refine limit in place, dil buyers are prone to throw a dollar or 50 at it. It's really somewhere in the middle when people stop having that kind of demand for dilithium. Demand is still there but it's stable. You could go either way, buy or not buy. It doesn't really matter because when it's at that half way mark it means there's no major demand for dilithium due to in game conditions.

What Cryptic has essentially done despite their best efforts to convince us otherwise, is to just guarantee they get more money out of us by keeping it on the low end indefinitely. They can now give us all the dilithium we want but the damage is done for at least as long as the s6-7 age continues and providing they don't throw even more crap at us to eat up dilithium, which they will.

I'm okay with this now, by the way. It is their right to do it if it is in fact what they are doing. But as always I will remind them that I also have my own right to say enough is enough and walk away. There are limits to be mindful about. No one wants to be the next SWG or FFXIV. One must ensure that during their money making endeavors they do not drop the ball in the worst possible way and screw themselves over horribly. Not that Cryptic has much to worry about with all the games they got floating about, but you know, someone has to get the blame and ultimately be fired over a failure. Just saying, it's enough to care about not screwing up horribly in the eyes of PWE.

At the end of the day this is just about dilithium. Either you take the long road or the short road. Short road costs money, period. And as long as that 50 limit is in place I think they're pretty safe from screwing themselves over horribly, but it's not earning them brownie points, that's for sure. Now if you want to talk screw ups, well, we all know about the s7 launch, don't we? Talk about needing to hire new advisors. They can advise them to heed the warnings of tribble testers next time. Not ALL gamers are stupid, you know. Some of us take this **** seriously.
Empire Veteran
# 483
12-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Dilithium Exchange at the time of this post:
Buy Zen 99
Sell Zen 98
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Survivor of Romulus
# 484
12-23-2012, 04:01 PM
This whole exchange NEEDS to be locked to a set value and left there
Commander
# 485
12-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
Dilithium Exchange at the time of this post:
Buy Zen 99
Sell Zen 98
I love it.
Captain
# 486
12-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
This whole exchange NEEDS to be locked to a set value and left there
Then it'd just be another vendor, not a player based economic system.

I think the better solution would be for you to get over the fact that the lines of supply and demand determine the price of Zen here!
Career Officer
# 487
12-23-2012, 04:19 PM
I just keep getting goodies with minimal time invested and nothing out of pocket.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 488
12-23-2012, 04:20 PM
People must be selling everything they own and buying Zen and then selling the Zen for Dilthium

There is a Mountain of Zen for sale at 99/100/101/102 totalling more than 500k

98-94 there is only 150k

looks like a cliff

people must be selling their blood to buy Zen

It's a happy Christmas for Cryptic

I just hope people are not wasting it on Starbases - i still don't see the benefits to the stuff you get vs the amount of resources it cost to obtain.
Captain
# 489
12-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
I think the better solution would be for you to get over the fact that the lines of supply and demand determine the price of Zen here!
The most amazing part? The supply is still pretty good and the turn around time isn't that much longer. Some players are still having a fit over the loss of their one click exploit missions so they've taken their ball and gone home.
# 490
12-23-2012, 04:52 PM
The only thing about the exchange I don't like is the fact that only shows that small bracket of exchange rates. To become a true, player-controlled market, we should be able to see the whole range of offers, from 50 dil/zen up to the 400 (?) dil/zen cap at all times.

Other than that...love it. Bought myself a bunch of stuff on the zen-store which would have taken me 2-3 times as long a few months ago.