Captain
# 521
12-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
We need a cash flow to pay for content
Simple. Get rid of F2P -OR- make a subscription really worth having by giving more access to the game in some way. Granted only players determine what a game is really worth, so the onus is on Cryptic to make it desirable enough to get people to pay up.

Focusing on the Exchange is one option, but not the only option.

Speculators exist to be sure, but there would need to be a significant number to move the rates around, which I have a hard time accepting.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 522
12-24-2012, 01:13 PM
3 things I know for fact from working in the consumer spending and banking sector:

1)people in the US spend way more then they should or expect to around this time of year on frivolous things.

2)people cut spending after boxing day

3)When the first credit card bill of the new year comes in the mail people go into a fetal position.

equals: Zen purchases with real dollars should virtually stop in mid January
Commander
# 523
12-24-2012, 04:45 PM
I am tried of hearing people cry about the market. If those people buying Zen to sell for Dilthium don't like the price, then they should stop buying Dilthium with Zen. After a while the prices will go back up.

Personally I am loving the current rates. I am grinding as much as I can and converting as much as I can to Zen. As a fleet leader I am avoiding running projects that requires Dilthium

In closing I find it rather silly to use real money to buy Zen just to convert it to Dilthium. Dilthium is plentyful if you use some strategy and thought. I guess some people have more money then brains.

I get half the daily cap just from DOFFs, not counting turning in Contraband. After I run the daily and the Lore mission I'm at the limit.

People need to be more patient in completing the fleet projects.
Career Officer
# 524
12-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamank View Post
I am tried of hearing people cry about the market. If those people buying Zen to sell for Dilthium don't like the price, then they should stop buying Dilthium with Zen. After a while the prices will go back up.

Personally I am loving the current rates. I am grinding as much as I can and converting as much as I can to Zen. As a fleet leader I am avoiding running projects that requires Dilthium

In closing I find it rather silly to use real money to buy Zen just to convert it to Dilthium. Dilthium is plentyful if you use some strategy and thought. I guess some people have more money then brains.

I get half the daily cap just from DOFFs, not counting turning in Contraband. After I run the daily and the Lore mission I'm at the limit.

People need to be more patient in completing the fleet projects.
Of course you're correct, however I can earn in one hour what would take me weeks of grinding dil, so I used to just buy the dil and then do whatever i fancied rather than grind. However now the rate has dropped so much I find myself having to justify every purchase, ie it really needs to be important, there are those though that seemingly would buy dil at a 1:1 ratio with Zen, although I think most are quitting buying it at below 100. Myself I stopped mostly buying at around 140, above that I'd buy it all the time.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 525
12-26-2012, 12:23 PM
DIVE DIVE DIVE! said the Captain

97 and not much below - but stacking up on the Sell Zen side

Batten down the hatches - close the emergency bulkhead doors!
Lieutenant
# 526
12-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
its much the same as real world financial speculation
it only harms
Only those who don't speculate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1
DIVE DIVE DIVE! said the Captain
Hit your burners pilot? .///.
Survivor of Romulus
# 527
12-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Eventually speculators go to jail or come to a bad end

as dishonourable and dishonest men always must

and even if they live long and happy lives after death their heirs feel nothing but contempt
and Glee
Captain
# 528
12-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Eventually speculators go to jail or come to a bad end

as dishonourable and dishonest men always must

and even if they live long and happy lives after death their heirs feel nothing but contempt
and Glee
Are you saying there are some people or groups selling massive amounts of Zen to force the price of Zen lower?
Survivor of Romulus
# 529
12-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Not exactly
they are buying and selling the Same blocks of zen to cheat the system
Captain
# 530
12-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Not exactly
they are buying and selling the Same blocks of zen to cheat the system
I don't get this

there is 450k Zen to sell between 98-102

but only 180k to buy between 97-93

thats a huge sell side imbalance

Last edited by born2bwild1; 12-26-2012 at 01:45 PM.