Captain
# 1 Merge ground and space STFs?
12-07-2012, 10:13 AM
The STFs started out as super-long missions with both ground and space components. When they were remastered, they were split into separate ground and space missions that last around 15-20 minutes each. An Elite version was added as well.

While the STFs are now much less grindy, I think the separate versions kind of sacrifice the story of the missions. Do you think they should re-merge the ground and space missions to fix this? This would presumably make each STF around 30-40 minutes long. And of course they'd have to double the rewards.

Just a thought from someone experiencing the STFs for the first time.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
The STFs started out as super-long missions with both ground and space components. When they were remastered, they were split into separate ground and space missions that last around 15-20 minutes each. An Elite version was added as well.

While the STFs are now much less grindy, I think the separate versions kind of sacrifice the story of the missions. Do you think they should re-merge the ground and space missions to fix this? This would presumably make each STF around 30-40 minutes long. And of course they'd have to double the rewards.

No. Ground combat is horrible. Im already forced to do too much of it.
Captain
# 3
12-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post

No, IMO it's not the best idea to re-merge the STF's, the STF's before they were split took much longer than 30 or 40 minutes to complete, even if the team was a good one. At least that was my experience when the fleet I was in ran them, the Cure took about one and a half to 2 hours to complete, even though the team was a good one with an experienced leader and good followers.

That and I have more of a preference for Space Combat ATM
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Captain
# 4
12-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthyme467989 View Post
No, IMO it's not the best idea to re-merge the STF's, the STF's before they were split took much longer than 30 or 40 minutes to complete, even if the team was a good one. At least that was my experience when the fleet I was in ran them, the Cure took about one and a half to 2 hours to complete, even though the team was a good one with an experienced leader and good followers.

That and I have more of a preference for Space Combat ATM
What I mean is, merge the ground and space STFs as they are now. Since the individual ones as they are now take 15 minutes each, combined it would by 30 minutes.

But I get what you mean about preferring space combat. I think most of us do.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Career Officer
# 5
12-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Yeah, sorry, I only ever completed the ground part of Khitomer, the others always had people who left in frustration or whined because they, the 1337 veteran brigade had to explain the strategy to someone. Merging them again would make anything but Khitomer completely unplayable.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Captain
# 6
12-07-2012, 10:35 AM
The only way I could get behind this is if they add the old STFs to the game not replace them. With some minor modifications that were added to the current STFs and close it behind the Episode replay system and maybe reintroduce their old loot of the Borg set. So you can either do these STFs to get the Borg set Mk X or grind them through the reputation system.
Empire Veteran
# 7
12-07-2012, 01:06 PM
I like the idea of having both the short and long versions available. I'm not for going back to just the long versions, though.
Career Officer
# 8
12-07-2012, 01:22 PM
I agree with the OP on the story side.

The Hive, for instance, is very unclear on which is actually first? I'm not even sure we actually beat the queen.

I liked the STF's more when they were together. We have no true raid like content, which is fun to do for many. There's still Terradome, which I believe is still buggy as hell, but it's not integrated to the STF system and is apparently forgotten.

I'm really not into the whole grind and casual focus of this game. I want to have fun, with my fleet, but there's really no point to it.

"Second star on the right, and straight on till morning."

U.S.S. Weatherlight
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
12-07-2012, 01:31 PM
NO!

They were that way before and many people avoided them because of that.

Let people play what they want to.

Us Space Rangers will hold the high ground while you Ground Pounders keep us safe down there.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Captain
# 10
12-07-2012, 01:35 PM
I only play ground stfs.

If Cryptic were to merge them, I would stop playing stfs altogether.