Captain
# 11
12-07-2012, 02:28 PM
I think they should have some space only, some ground only and some combined.
Rihannsu
# 12
12-07-2012, 02:32 PM
While it's a neat idea from a story perspective, I also think that too many players are really good at either space or ground but not both. Also, while a given STF might be beatable in fifteen minutes (or less), we've all experienced pick-up games that took much longer. The chances of getting a random group that could tackle both space and ground in a reasonable amount of time or at all is gonna be pretty slim, I think. Already we have too many players doing Elite STF's who really should be sticking to Normal for the time being!

I agree with the previous poster though. How about SOME combined ones?

Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
Founding member, Special Service Squadron
"Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
Commander
# 13
12-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussweatherlight View Post
The Hive, for instance, is very unclear on which is actually first? I'm not even sure we actually beat the queen.
The Hive is Ground>Space.

You get snuck onboard the unimatrix to combat the queen then when you beat her physical body she moves her conciousness into the Dodecahedron, it's (purposely) unclear about whether she's (permanently) dead or not.
Captain
# 14
12-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
The STFs started out as super-long missions with both ground and space components. When they were remastered, they were split into separate ground and space missions that last around 15-20 minutes each. An Elite version was added as well.

While the STFs are now much less grindy, I think the separate versions kind of sacrifice the story of the missions. Do you think they should re-merge the ground and space missions to fix this? This would presumably make each STF around 30-40 minutes long. And of course they'd have to double the rewards.

Just a thought from someone experiencing the STFs for the first time.
no. ground combat is horrible. go away.
Career Officer
# 15
12-07-2012, 03:21 PM
It's been a long request to restore the old STFs, so players can play for nostolgia and some, to experience the story. Since they aren't queued, players can form up groups and fly to those worlds like in the old days.

And to have them viable, Cryptic could put back in unique rewards so they be played once in a while.
Captain
# 16
12-07-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm all for having missions in both ground and space (I'm one of the few people that actually likes Terradome) , but with something like STFs, Eyeaaah... no.

Ideally, I would like to see something that combines the gameplay of like Mine Trap with the space incursions.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Why can't they merge them AND keep it the way they are?
Just add extra STF missions that are merged BUT with much greater rewards, and even bonus dillitium or marks for completion time.
If players don't want to spend much time on their game, then don't play the merged, instead play the regular mission.
Career Officer
# 18
12-07-2012, 04:23 PM
I'd like it if they kept the current set of STFs as they are, and introduced some new ones that are like the old-school versions with multiple parts both space and ground. They'd take longer but would offer increased rewards.

Raid-like, I guess, but still for only 5 people.
----
Career Officer
# 19
12-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archofwinter View Post
Why can't they merge them AND keep it the way they are?
They could say that the 'split up' versions (Infected Space, Infected Ground) are holodeck training programs for the real thing (Infected Space and Ground, like it used to be), the complete, merged STF.
----
Lieutenant
# 20
12-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
NO!

They were that way before and many people avoided them because of that.

Let people play what they want to.

Us Space Rangers will hold the high ground while you Ground Pounders keep us safe down there.
110% agree.

To op, terrible idea (no offense). If the current reputation system didn't exist this would be a novel idea. But right now its like asking the dev's how can you take a long/silly/ridiculous grind and make it even longer and more ridiculous.

Last edited by kurtzroy; 12-07-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: spell check