Career Officer
After getting through all tiers in the Romulan Rep system on New Romulus, I have a couple questions that remain unanswered regarding the storyline.

One - who secretly left us the information about D'Tan's meeting with the Tal Shiar operative? Was it D'Tan himself? His assistent? A wondering Epohh?

Two - at tier 4, part of the story dialog just glosses over the fact that the Sword of the Rapor Star was found. Really? When did this happen? It was never mentioned again. Seems like a monumental discovery like this would be a really big deal. Why wasn't this expanded on?
Free the Foundry with a simple, new User Interface: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1316881
(My consolidated list of game improvements for STO: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=990371)
Captain
# 2
01-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Could be just another loose end in the universe of STO either that or you may have to grind another 6000000000 hours and put in 10000000000000000000 dilithium to find out whodunnit
Captain
# 3
01-13-2013, 12:17 PM
I've always assumed that the video drop was intended for someone else and we were given the tip by an insider within the Tal Shiar. What makes the most sense is one who is sympathetic to Obisek and the Remans, possibly even the chick from Mine Enemy whose name I always forget. Second most likely is Obisek but I figure he'd want to take credit for it and just tell us. It is unlikely to be D'tan because, again, I figure he'd want to talk through it. So my last guess has been one of D'tan's aids who is worried the feds/klingons will hear about the meeting and break off support, but knows D'tan wouldn't want the issue raised so drops it off him/herself anonymously.

Really most of those are stretching it and I'm guessing it is a traitor or spy within in the Tal Shiar.

On the sword, I'm still working my way there should see it this week. But from what I understand second-hand and some speculation, finding the sword is far less relevant than what happens to it now. Control of it, and is it held by the Tal Shiar or by D'Tan, by the Feds or the Klingons, this is what is relevant. That the mission(s) don't exist yet, doesn't mean they never will.

The above note about grinding, is probably relevant.
Captain
# 4
01-13-2013, 01:05 PM
Actually it was your character from the future that left it behind for your character to find.

Seriously though, we will probably encounter that character in a future season. Drake has the ability to obtain such information due to him being the spokesperson of Section 31. A Section 31 and the KDF counterpart Reputation would be interesting.
Ensign
# 5 A pretty-major typo
01-16-2013, 08:57 PM
I agree that this storyline really seems to jump around. Additionally, the non-linear requirements (allowing me to do Tier V's mission before Tier III) adds to the confusion. However, one thing is clearly not correct. S'Task never made swords; he wasn't a swordsman at all. It's ironic, because this entire storyline is predicated on Diane Duane's Rhiannsu novels (definitely worth the read if you haven't done so) but S'harien is the master swordsmith from Vulcan's Forge. S'Task was a student of Surak who disagreed on non-violence. They've gone to great lengths to make the Romulans what they should have been all along, as so eloquently written by Ms. Duane. However, implying that S'Task was in any way responsible for the sword's creation is a huge disconnect.

On a random tangent; was anyone ever able to decrypt the tablet in the Tier III cave? At first I think there was a dialog about not being able to translate it, but now when I click on it nothing happens at all.

In summary, this was a lot of great content and fun to play through. But let's not get our S'Tasks and S'hariens mixed up, please.
Career Officer
# 6
01-16-2013, 09:02 PM
It's going to be ... <drum roll> ....

... "FUTURE GUY"

/sarcasm
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Captain
# 7
01-16-2013, 09:03 PM
I think there is a hole, the T4 cutscene takes place on the exact same place were the final T5 cutscene takes place, forcing the player to run it twice for no real logical reason.

To me its missing a instance with the T4 instance actually being the T5 instance.

I do hope this is the case and the "missing" instance is inside the Romulan settlement.
Career Officer
# 8
01-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aesculaepius View Post
On a random tangent; was anyone ever able to decrypt the tablet in the Tier III cave? At first I think there was a dialog about not being able to translate it, but now when I click on it nothing happens at all.

In summary, this was a lot of great content and fun to play through. But let's not get our S'Tasks and S'hariens mixed up, please.
You mean the Dewan Accolades? Basically just sums up what happened in the Tier 5 cutscene.
Captain
# 9
01-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aesculaepius View Post
I agree that this storyline really seems to jump around. Additionally, the non-linear requirements (allowing me to do Tier V's mission before Tier III) adds to the confusion. However, one thing is clearly not correct. S'Task never made swords; he wasn't a swordsman at all. It's ironic, because this entire storyline is predicated on Diane Duane's Rhiannsu novels (definitely worth the read if you haven't done so) but S'harien is the master swordsmith from Vulcan's Forge. S'Task was a student of Surak who disagreed on non-violence. They've gone to great lengths to make the Romulans what they should have been all along, as so eloquently written by Ms. Duane. However, implying that S'Task was in any way responsible for the sword's creation is a huge disconnect.

And its sequel, the Vulcan's Soul trilogy.
Captain
# 10
01-17-2013, 09:17 AM
The secret guy can be :
-You from the future. Iconians came, destroyed everything, you came back in time to try to save the galaxy by giving informations to help your past you. Kinda like the future/alternative Spock in JJ movie.
-A "good" Iconian, that don't want the Iconian to be the super evil power it is. According to Picard in the Iconian encounter, he says they may have been like them, explorers, and the civilizations they met so dumb they though they were conquerors, and fought them. Maybe it turn them into some kind of evil guys, planning a revenge.
-The last Dewan/Tholian defector/Tal Shiar defector/Section 31 guy. All of them sound Deus Ex Machina, so I hope they won't use it and make a Star Trek Effect 3.
-Sela. We know she'll come back. We know she have been captured by the Iconians, and thus is probably able to have those informations. And she'll never let the Empire fall into Iconians hand. Maybe she is using you for some larger plot, IE you kick the Tal Shiar, she come back, claim she saved the galaxy, and become Empress again.

My vote for Sela.