Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 21
01-15-2013, 02:03 PM
Coming to a Holodeck near you soon!

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=515431

Quote:
General:
  • Added a GPL turn-in entry for the "Holiday Gift Receipts" from the 2011 Winter Event.
Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 22
01-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Coming to a Holodeck near you soon!

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=515431

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Uh - is it me, or is that just plain mean?

Those gift receipts were given (along with the Veteran Boffs) to players that lost out big in the Emblem->Dilithium conversion - each receipt was for a single, openable Red Gift Box (which could've contained a Jem'hadar at the time - unlikely but...)

Would a more appropriate trade-in not have been one receipt for one Master Key?

But instead - GPL - seriously?
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
# 23
01-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Those gift receipts were given (along with the Veteran Boffs) to players that lost out big in the Emblem->Dilithium conversion - each receipt was for a single, openable Red Gift Box (which could've contained a Jem'hadar at the time - unlikely but...)
As you pointed out, they were given to players to be used during the 2011 winter event. Since you did not use them, instead of just discarding them, we're proving a way to use them. Most players used these during the Winter event in 2011 where they were designed to be used

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 24
01-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
As you pointed out, they were given to players to be used during the 2011 winter event. Since you did not use them, instead of just discarding them, we're proving a way to use them. Most players used these during the Winter event in 2011 where they were designed to be used

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I never had them - spent my Emblems before the conversion. I just think that this is poor compensation to those that did receive them since GPL is worth even less than ECs.

And yes, you're right - they should have redeemed them last year but why even go to the effort of offering these players something if what you're offering is effectively worthless?
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
# 25
01-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
And yes, you're right - they should have redeemed them last year but why even go to the effort of offering these players something if what you're offering is effectively worthless?
Because the players in this and other threads requested it, and instead of saying "no; just discard them", we listened and are providing something in exchange for them. This is akin to some of the other holiday items that no longer have a use, whether permanently or for the year (e.g. consumables, winter epohh tags, etc.).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Ensign
# 26
01-15-2013, 03:28 PM
Actually, this is a good alternative. Since you can't discard them.
Career Officer
# 27
01-15-2013, 03:42 PM
be nice to get the holo boff from last year
Career Officer
# 28
01-15-2013, 03:43 PM
I know I got plenty to trad in
Commander
# 29
01-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Because the players in this and other threads requested it, and instead of saying "no; just discard them", we listened and are providing something in exchange for them. This is akin to some of the other holiday items that no longer have a use, whether permanently or for the year (e.g. consumables, winter epohh tags, etc.).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
And this folks is one of the reasons why the devs don't take what forums say seriously. Even when they do something nice that they didn't have to do someone will be angry.
Captain
# 30
01-17-2013, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoxy View Post
And this folks is one of the reasons why the devs don't take what forums say seriously. Even when they do something nice that they didn't have to do someone will be angry.
They take it plenty seriously, or you'd all still be sitting on stockpiles of useless rubbish.

Something (however crap) > NOTHING

Some people seem to have forgotten this little concept me thinks. OK It's not another free ship or whatever, but realistically, what would you have wanted for the item, you should have traded in last year?