Career Officer
# 1 Tier 5 Shipyards
12-07-2012, 10:51 AM
So, now that I have a reason to be interested in a Tier 5 shipyard (see the discussion a week ago about the Fleet Assault Cruiser), I was wondering if there are any fleets out there that are getting anywhere near having one?

It would have to be a fleet really focused on reaching this one singular goal. By my math, a perfect "mega fleet," focusing only on this tier, churning 2000 mil xp per day, could have a tier 5 military shipyard in 161 days (accounting for facility upgrade time) from the system launch....about December 16th, give or take. So it is possible, though very unlikely, that some fleet out there could be getting close.

Somehow though, I don't think most of us will be seeing one for many, many years.
Rihannsu
# 2
12-07-2012, 11:02 AM
on KDF side, house of beautiful orions is getting close

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Career Officer
# 3
12-10-2012, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
on KDF side, house of beautiful orions is getting close
Thanks for the info...will definately check them out when I get around to fleeting my KDF Orion ALT.

Of course, I can't help wondering if there are any Fed fleets out there getting close too...
Rihannsu
# 4
12-10-2012, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martakurill View Post
Thanks for the info...will definately check them out when I get around to fleeting my KDF Orion ALT.

Of course, I can't help wondering if there are any Fed fleets out there getting close too...
hmm, don't know.. the Orion fleet is nice, the people are very normal, but you have to get to 75k fleet credit to be able to buy from the shop. And that is a problem at such a huge fleet, cause people are waiting for the projects to end and then RACING to give up stuff..

the only thing that goes slowly are the fleet marks

but, i got to 44k already

and yeah, did i add the people are nice?

Join the premiere Romulan community now!

Last edited by duaths1; 12-10-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Career Officer
# 5
12-10-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
hmm, don't know.. the Orion fleet is nice, the people are very normal, but you have to get to 75k fleet credit to be able to buy from the shop. And that is a problem at such a huge fleet, cause people are waiting for the projects to end and then RACING to give up stuff..

and yeah, did i notice the people are nice?
That's the down side to large fleets. Up side is you reach tier 5 quicker. I am the only active member of my fleet, I've got most things to tier 2 just, but all on my own and I have earned more than 6 million fleet credits across all of my fed toons. In two years time when I reach tier 5, I'll be able to buy anything I want, just in time for the servers shutting down.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
Chief Engineer: "We're looking at a warp core breach in less than three minutes, Captain!"
Captain: "I'd love to tell the crew to abandon ship, but I have to wait another 4 minutes and 13 seconds to use the comm system again."
Career Officer
# 6
12-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
I am the only active member of my fleet, I've got most things to tier 2 just, but all on my own and I have earned more than 6 million fleet credits across all of my fed toons. In two years time when I reach tier 5, I'll be able to buy anything I want, just in time for the servers shutting down.
Kinda feel the same way. My FED fleet is myself and my 4 IRL friends. We play a lot, have weekly fleet nights, RP together...its really great, to be honest. We've also just about got tier 3 in everything, including the physical base itself.

We've voted as a fleet to make Tier 3 the "end" point of our star base for the time being, as the Tier 4 and 5 grind is just way too much for us to handle. We may come back around and try for our own Tier 5 shipyard someday, but as you said, it'll probably be just in time for the servers to shut down.

Hence why I've been looking for a FED fleet that's getting close to Tier 5 military, so I can try and make some sort of arrangement with them to buy a Tier 5 shipyard ship, and then go back to my regular group of friends. You know, so I can actually get the best version of the only ship in the game that interests me.
Captain
# 7
12-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:

and yeah, did i notice the people are nice?
I have 3 KDF toons - but only 1 is Orion Female - do they allow others? One of the others has 10k of fleet marks - the orion only has about 4k marks
Captain
# 8
12-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
I have 3 KDF toons - but only 1 is Orion Female - do they allow others? One of the others has 10k of fleet marks - the orion only has about 4k marks
Depends on the character apparently. Think the only requirement is that the character has to be beautiful so no scars according to their web page. Think they might discriminate against Nausicaans and Letheans.
Captain
# 9
12-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Does anyone know how much Dilithium and Fleet Marks are required to max-out the Starbase in the most resource efficient way (so ignoring time effecient)?
Captain
# 10
12-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Does anyone know how much Dilithium and Fleet Marks are required to max-out the Starbase in the most resource efficient way (so ignoring time effecient)?
Doing just the 1000 XP projects. So only dilithium is for upgrades. Need over 705,000 Fleet Marks and over 7 million dilithium to get a Tier 5 Starbase with Tier 5 Facilities. Can't be any more accurate since the upgrade costs for Tier 5 Facilities aren't in. This method means no Transwarp Hub, no optional upgrades like chef and bartender, and no provisions. Also this info is based on stowiki so info might not be updated or there might be changes in the future to reduce dilithium and fleet mark costs.