Captain
# 21
12-10-2012, 01:41 PM
With the rate of starbase growth cratering lately with the easiest dilithium sources vanishing, i'll be very surprised if more than a handful of fleets ever sees T5, or even T4. I'm in 3 different fleets (provisionary in all of them, trying to find the right fit), and in each case they've all pretty much stalled at T3, all short on dilithium. Its just too valuable now to drop 20k on a whim. And if it that much of a struggle to pick up 50,000 Fleet XP, the idea of getting to 5 times that is just absurd.
Captain
# 22
12-10-2012, 01:43 PM
There must be one out there as I have seen the new ship already actively flying around, unless there is another ship that can mimic it's unique look. Will keep my eyes peeled for it again and get the toons name.
Commander
# 23
12-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
With the rate of starbase growth cratering lately with the easiest dilithium sources vanishing, i'll be very surprised if more than a handful of fleets ever sees T5, or even T4. I'm in 3 different fleets (provisionary in all of them, trying to find the right fit), and in each case they've all pretty much stalled at T3, all short on dilithium. Its just too valuable now to drop 20k on a whim. And if it that much of a struggle to pick up 50,000 Fleet XP, the idea of getting to 5 times that is just absurd.
i am interested in fleet stats. where did you get info that growth of starbases is cratering??
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/
Captain
# 24
12-10-2012, 02:00 PM
I don't know what will happen when people are done with reputation but all I can say is for right now my fleet is not building at all.

You might suspect they will have dish out a new reputation project that will continue to keep people away from contributing to starbases.
Captain
# 25
12-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm1958 View Post
i am interested in fleet stats. where did you get info that growth of starbases is cratering??
As I said, from the 3 I'm in. Yes a very small sample and a poor choice of words on my part if its to be treated as a know-it-all statement of absolute fact. A better statement would be 'from seeing 3 completely seperate fleets all cratering in the same manner at the same time, my perception is that' etc etc.
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
12-10-2012, 03:05 PM
we have 2 fed starbases and 1 klink spread amongst our fleet. the 2 fed are both at t4, with the klink at t3.

the furthest along has all 3 tiers at t4, with the last upgrade project undwerway now.

we stagger our tiers with engi first, than science, and finally tac. engi only has about 10% progress to t5, but we knew it would be a long slog from t4-t5.

losing the easy click here for 50 fleet marks exploit has definitely slowed us down a bit, but we just do more starbase defense and 5-mans to make up for it.

from what i heard (not sure if true), you have to have all 3 tiers at t5 to updgrade your base to t5. if that's the case, we'll hit engi probably in feb/mar, and won't have t5 base until a year from now.

to the op, fleet weapons and eng/def/shields were more important to us than ships when we discussed strategy before season 6. we figured since lockbox ships and c-store ships would be a additional source for new shiny boats, we'd focus on end game weps, consoles, and ship gear. besides, most of the fleet ships we wanted were in t3 and t4, anyway.

s
Career Officer
# 27
12-10-2012, 03:15 PM
I still say Fleet Outposts, stripped down versions of Starbases exclusively for small fleets, are the way to go.

The deck is too heavily stacked against players both individually and as small fleets and this game really needs to take retention much more seriously if all we have between Seasons 7 and 8 (next Summer) is the Winter Event and the Anniversary.

People will work for a goal. They won't work forever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengoz View Post
Silly Rabbit, the Devs don't play the game. That's why they have no idea about the problems.
Career Officer
# 28
12-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm1958 View Post
i would love to see some stats on fleets:

how many fleets are there?

what is the percentage of fleets by small, medium and large?

how many fleets have failed?

number of fleets at each tier?

etc.
Doubt Cryptic will release numbers, but an team of players can collect that info and create a statistical analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red01999 View Post
just how many actual T5 bases are there going to be over there? 10? 5? 1? 2? I'd guess there'd be at least a dozen Fed-side when all is said and done, but I dunno, it seems like the KDF has much worse odds for that, no matter how dedicated the players tend to be compared to Fed players.
Right now, I know of 2 KDF fleets that are Tier 4 and I think there is at least 1 more out there. But I really don't expect to see no more than 5 KDF T5 Starbases. while Federation players will likely see something like 20 by the end of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekritagent View Post
I still say Fleet Outposts, stripped down versions of Starbases exclusively for small fleets, are the way to go.

The deck is too heavily stacked against players both individually and as small fleets and this game really needs to take retention much more seriously if all we have between Seasons 7 and 8 (next Summer) is the Winter Event and the Anniversary.

People will work for a goal. They won't work forever.

This is what Cryptic should've done from the start.

I posted back in Season 6 that Cryptic could've easily had small fleets be stationed on existing Hubs (its canon), or they could've used other types of Space Stations that were shown in Star Trek and used it for bases (which could've doubled as new assets).

And there is nothing that says Cryptic couldn't make an alliance system where Larger Fleets and smaller fleets share resources and gain a mutual benefit. Like allied fleets get asses to the larger fleet's DOFF system and Shipyards.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
12-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
There must be one out there as I have seen the new ship already actively flying around, unless there is another ship that can mimic it's unique look. Will keep my eyes peeled for it again and get the toons name.
Don't you know? The "unique" costumes some of the fleet ships have used to be purchasable c-store costumes they just recycled for this.
Unless he ship you saw has the unique aztec pattern hull material it was probably just a regular Assault Cruiser (refit) with the Imperial skin.
Rihannsu
# 30
12-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
This is what Cryptic should've done from the start.
No, what they should have done from the start would been balance the system for 5 players since that is the minimum requirement to start a Fleet, not getting the bizarre notion it would be for FIVE TIMES the minimum requirement.

Throwing players into a Ghetto is not what they should do, not to say how would that idea would ever work or function since people come and leave? What is a "Large Fleet" at Season 6 could be very well 3 people at Season 7.