Career Officer
# 31
12-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
No, what they should have done from the start would been balance the system for 5 players since that is the minimum requirement to start a Fleet, not getting the bizarre notion it would be for FIVE TIMES the minimum requirement.

Throwing players into a Ghetto is not what they should do, not to say how would that idea would ever work or function since people come and leave? What is a "Large Fleet" at Season 6 could be very well 3 people at Season 7.
Not going to disagree with you there.

But pretty much right now Cryptic really does need to focus more for small fleets than the few large fleets.
Survivor of Romulus
# 32
12-10-2012, 06:26 PM
I know of a fleet that is over 60 percent to T5 engineering...
Captain
# 33
12-10-2012, 06:32 PM
For those that are gloating about their fleet on the long trek to Tier 5, can we see your facilities? Only have seen pics of the Tier 4 Starbase and I assume it will be a great recruitment tool for Tier 4 fleets.
Career Officer
# 34
12-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekritagent View Post
I still say Fleet Outposts, stripped down versions of Starbases exclusively for small fleets, are the way to go.

The deck is too heavily stacked against players both individually and as small fleets a.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
No, what they should have done from the start would been balance the system for 5 players since that is the minimum requirement to start a Fleet, .....................
You both are promoting that things should be made less harsh on small fleets, but you are still missing the point. The point is that PWE WANTS people to get together in large fleets. They don't want you to have a T5 viable base unless you are in a large fleet. Period.

I already explained why they would want this and believe me, I agree that its very much against player's interests but that is what they want. Its all structured around congregating players in large groups, so no amount of good and common sense arguments will work because the base system is designed to vastly favor large fleets...its working as intended.
Captain
# 35
12-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
You both are promoting that things should be made less harsh on small fleets, but you are still missing the point. The point is that PWE WANTS people to get together in large fleets. They don't want you to have a T5 viable base unless you are in a large fleet. Period.

I already explained why they would want this and believe me, I agree that its very much against player's interests but that is what they want. Its all structured around congregating players in large groups, so no amount of good and common sense arguments will work because the base system is designed to vastly favor large fleets...its working as intended.
Slightly incorrect. Cryptic wants small fleets to have their Tier 5 Starbase in a couple of years not a few months like large fleets.
Career Officer
# 36
12-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Slightly incorrect. Cryptic wants small fleets to have their Tier 5 Starbase in a couple of years not a few months like large fleets.
No, that's what they say but look at the way people behave and we can guess what Cryptic's scenario around small fleets really was. They expected the grind to wear players down and for most to sign up to big fleets. It hasn't quite turned out that way but so far they seem unwilling to change their scenario since there's been no word yet of changes for the benefit of small fleets.
Career Officer
# 37
12-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
No, that's what they say but look at the way people behave and we can guess what Cryptic's scenario around small fleets really was. They expected the grind to wear players down and for most to sign up to big fleets. It hasn't quite turned out that way but so far they seem unwilling to change their scenario since there's been no word yet of changes for the benefit of small fleets.
Recipe for disaster, since they are only jumping ship because of greed than the necessity for community.

I got offered to leave my small fleet for the bigger ones, but I refused. I put too much time and effort to get my little fleets to the onskirts of Tier 3, and Tier 5 really is more smoke and mirrors than substanance.

Tier 5 ships - okay you have to pay at least 500 Zen to buy (most of us already have the Free Bortas and Odyssey).

Tier 5 Transwarp - to places we already got transwarp.

Tier 5 gear - really not much better than gear we already got. Not to mention likely to be obsolete when Mk13 starts coming about.

So personally, if someone wants to rush to the finishline in the marathon, thats fine with me.
Rihannsu
# 38
12-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Quote:
... since there's been no word yet of changes for the benefit of small fleets.
I dont think we will hear anything until Season 8, Season 7 dropped the ridiculous DOFF rarity requirements but its still a far way to go before they start to make cuts (not adjustments, lowering a requirement but raising another is not a solution) on projects, I suspect they will start with 20% trying to make fleets to move but its a question of its going to be too late or not.

Also asking a guild to wait TWO YEARS before it can finish its work is absurd, this is a example that Cryptic really wanted everyone herded into the large fleets and why? because the system is utter unfriendly towards starting a new fleet because if for some reason people get fed up with their Fleet and half leaves that means they have to start from 0 and take at least over HALF a year to get back to were they were at, that is not even going into new players that cannot just come in and start a new Fleet, if you were not at Season 6 Launch you can very forget it.

Oh and dont give me the "you dont need a T5 Fleet" because its the absurd requirements that makes us need a T5 Fleet to be on equal grounds, unless you are saying Cryptic wants to have First Class and Second Class players even if that is what they did, just the timers alone make sure no fleet can reach T5 in less that 7 months and I am pretty sure THAT is a substantial amount of time, unless its resources and then the whole "spending time" argument goes into "spending time grinding and spending money on Dilithium".
Ensign
Our fleet has been grinding for some time now (as most have) to get to our Tier 5 Shipyard. The upgrade project for this will take approximately two weeks. TWO WEEKS!!?? WTH!?!?

We've submitted all the requirements and now have to wait for two weeks for it to complete. WHAT purpose does this serve? Isn't the year+ grind sufficient to satisfy the anti-instant-gratification gods?

If the constant grind-as-game theme weren't enough...if there weren't an inherent "wait factor" built in by waiting for people to show up and complete the grinds...why make us wait even longer for the computer to acknowledge that we've done all our stuff? A lengthy wait on top of a lengthy grind serves no useful purpose and is a detriment to creating a happy gaming experience.

Yes, I know, if I don't like it don't play...find another game...etc... That's not the point.

PW - enough with the endless grinds and even longer waits. Part of the fun of the gaming experience is to receive your reward as soon as you accomplish your mission. You delay gratification by setting the requirements for completion so high, thus the "grind." You piss people off by making them wait even longer after the grind. Again, what legitimate purpose does a two week wait serve?
Captain
# 40
02-26-2014, 06:19 AM
I understand you are new here but the forum has a policy against posting in threads more then 30 days old. If you have something to say about a subject in a thread over 30 days old simply start a new threads. The Mods will come through and close this thread now due to it being a Zombie thread.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.