Empire Veteran
Is it possible that they can make the system at least require some kind of comment? It's annoying to get people who put one-star reviews and leave exactly no reason why.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
01-11-2014, 03:02 PM
+1.
yes. so much helpful
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
01-11-2014, 03:03 PM
Or show the handle of every person who entered a review. It momentarily provides the perfect anonymity to troll others.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^

Last edited by stoutes; 01-11-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 4
01-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Thanks to trolls back-to-back putting one stars on my mission, I have to take them down because of this flaw.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
01-12-2014, 11:54 AM
And this in no way would lead to authors trolling players who leave them poor reviews. No matter how good your mission is, there will always be someone who doesn't like it.

@greendragoon
Empire Veteran
# 6
01-12-2014, 11:57 AM
I only want names so I can send reports to Cryptic when it's obvious there are people just picking it up and dropping missions to troll others.

Although it's not like reports will do anything about it though...
Career Officer
# 7
01-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Is it possible that they can make the system at least require some kind of comment? It's annoying to get people who put one-star reviews and leave exactly no reason why.
One-star bombers could easily get around such a requirement by entering some stock non-sequitur comment, or even a random character string, in the comment field. A gibberish comment isn't any more helpful than no comment at all.
Captain
# 8
01-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfederatica View Post
One-star bombers could easily get around such a requirement by entering some stock non-sequitur comment, or even a random character string, in the comment field. A gibberish comment isn't any more helpful than no comment at all.
What we're going for here is a way to at least see the handle of the person leaving the score. Ashkrik's mission that was on the Top 50 list got 4 1-stars back to back (and now it's obviously off the list, which is a complete shame).
Empire Veteran
# 9
01-12-2014, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
What we're going for here is a way to at least see the handle of the person leaving the score. Ashkrik's mission that was on the Top 50 list got 4 1-stars back to back (and now it's obviously off the list, which is a complete shame).
This. I just want names so troll attacks could be reported or reversed at least.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
01-13-2014, 11:56 AM
This used to happen a lot more, or at least it was talked about more. Before the weighting system if you got a five-star on a brand new mission you jumped to the top, and many a great mission was targeted by one-star bandits and knocked down the list into 3 star oblivion. Happened to me; happened to Alimac, who is consistently named as one of the best authors of all time; and it happened to at least one Foundry Challenge winner.

Here's the thread I made about a year and a half ago when it happened to me. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...ight=sabotaged Kindly refrain from posting in it, that would be necroing

I admit I was a bit more ragey back then (I'm now your tame Foundry author). But I think one of the conclusions we reached there and tried to push for is still needed. We simply need to require that a text review be left with any star rating or tag. This eliminates anonymous ratings. Some people react differently if they know their name is attached to the rating they leave.

Yeah, some people (even those who legitimately played it) won't write anything useful, but at least if you get intentionally sabotaged, you can report whomever is doing it.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic