Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Cryptic Studios Team
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20121118e.29

General:
  • Winter event updates:
    • Added a mini-Q to the gazebo who can handle bank, mail, and exchange needs.
    • Added a Trade-in Store to the GPL Conversion Unit that will allow you to exchange Winter Epohh pets for Romulan Marks.
    • Winter event: Updated competitive race so that players are not disqualified automatically when a teammate is disqualified.
    • Added more snowmen that spawn if many players are on the map.
    • Snowmen and boss are a bit tougher if there are more players on the map.
    • Q now explicitly tells players to check their Duty Officer assignments while on the winter map to look for special holiday Duty Officer assignments.
    • Joining "The Fast and the Flurrious" race automatically removes Q's polymorph effect.
    • Extended no-knock volume to cover starting wooden platform of competitive race
    • The snowball fight now requires the defeat of 150 snowmen to move to boss stage.
  • Added shields and armor to the ground devices vendor on New Romulus for the reputation system.
  • Teamed players on New Romulus can now achieve the different exploration perks.
  • Temporarily removed "Romulan Plasma Flamethrower" from the T5 Projects list.
  • The Winter jacket can now display Fleet emblems.
  • Updated the cropped Winter jacket for Trill, Caitian, and Ferasan females.
  • Updated the C-store text for all the versions of the Vesta to include information about their consoles.

Systems:
  • Tachyon Harmonic: The Shield Drain component of this power is once again fully-functional at all ranks.
  • The "Omega - Style 1" unlock will now properly grant Mk XI visuals instead of the old Mk X visuals.
  • Obtaining a Mk XII set of Honor Guard or MACO ground gear will now properly unlock the associated Adapted set.
  • Updated Winter Event abilities:
    • The Secondary fire on "Flurry" is now 30m instead of 20m to match all other Snowball Weapon ranges.
    • "Flurry" primary fire now does slightly more damage per tick.
    • "Avalanche" primary fire recharge increased from .5sec to .75sec
    • "Free Snowballs" and "Unmelting Snowballs" now deal slightly less damage, but also have less damage variance.
  • Beefed up the Snowman Overlord.
    • Added a new Range-AOE power to the Snowman Overlord.
    • Snowman Overlord's minion summon is now a shorter effect, allowing him to take other actions while it's activating.
    • The Snowman Overlord is now more resilient to incoming fire from all Snowball Weaponry.

Last edited by zer0niusrex; 12-12-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
12-12-2012, 02:17 PM
And "Cheaters Corner" is fixed right? Or was that in the last patch notes and I missed it?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
12-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castsbugc View Post
And "Cheaters Corner" is fixed right? Or was that in the last patch notes and I missed it?
If there was such a thing and such a fix for it, it wouldn't be included in the patch notes for the test server.

Last edited by zer0niusrex; 12-12-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Ensign
# 4
12-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castsbugc View Post
That was in the last patch update note http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=477281
Rihannsu
# 5
12-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Okay, I have to ask, why all the winter event changes? Forgive me if I am missing something, but none of these changes seem to be to fix anything game breaking. And why the beef up of the snowmen? This isn't an STF. Its something short and fun. Why bother making it harder? Cheater's corner I could see, but range of snowball launchers, which aren't useable anywhere else? Who cares if the range isn't equal? I just don't get you guys.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Career Officer
# 6
12-12-2012, 02:40 PM
You know what?

Point 1)
We have been asking for a year to fix the ridiculous and 100% broken invisible Borg torpedoes and still nothing.

Point 2)
What's with the non functional Reputation items such as Prostethic Arm or Romulan DoFFs and BoFFs?

Both nothing.

Great priorities. But hey, let go and immediately fix a temporary event.
Career Officer
# 7
12-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
General:[list][*]Winter event updates:
  • Added a mini-Q to the gazebo who can handle bank, mail, and exchange needs.
  • Added a Trade-in Store to the GPL Conversion Unit that will allow you to exchange Winter Epohh pets for Romulan Marks.
  • Winter event: Updated competitive race so that players are not disqualified automatically when a teammate is disqualified.
  • Added more snowmen that spawn if many players are on the map.
  • Snowmen and boss are a bit tougher if there are more players on the map.
  • Q now explicitly tells players to check their Duty Officer assignments while on the winter map to look for special holiday Duty Officer assignments.
  • Joining "The Fast and the Flurrious" race automatically removes Q's polymorph effect.
  • Extended no-knock volume to cover starting wooden platform of competitive race
  • The snowball fight now requires the defeat of 150 snowmen to move to boss stage.
I like all of these changes. Was really hoping for bank/mail/exchange access in the wonderland to save having to go back to ESD and run all the way round just to pick up the drops from other toons.

Romulan marks for winter Epohhs is brilliant as I've got 6 or 7 elders now who I was getting ready to airlock.

Not overly fussed about the snowman battle changes, but I guess it'll make it more interesting if it doesn't end after one and a half minutes haha.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Captain
# 8
12-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
Okay, I have to ask, why all the winter event changes? Forgive me if I am missing something, but none of these changes seem to be to fix anything game breaking. And why the beef up of the snowmen? This isn't an STF. Its something short and fun. Why bother making it harder? Cheater's corner I could see, but range of snowball launchers, which aren't useable anywhere else? Who cares if the range isn't equal? I just don't get you guys.
Got to agree with this post , are cryptic trying to remove some of the fun ?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 9
12-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegon1ice View Post
You know what?

Point 1)
We have been asking for a year to fix the ridiculous and 100% broken invisible Borg torpedoes and still nothing.

Point 2)
What's with the non functional Reputation items such as Prostethic Arm or Romulan DoFFs and BoFFs?

Both nothing.

Great priorities. But hey, let go and immediately fix a temporary event.
The team is working on fixes for these. If I'm not mistaken, point 2 was only reported in the forums for the first time today. It takes some time to implement fixes, test them, and then get them out for you to test on Tribble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
Got to agree with this post , are cryptic trying to remove some of the fun ?
We're actually adding in the fun. Most players couldn't even make it to the lake in time (even when they were in the instance) when the event started because the snowmen and overlord were mowed down so fast.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 10
12-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
They beefed up the snowboss because everyone has guns by now (mostly avalanche).

My flurry was a great investment (now with longer range)

Thanks zer0
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?