Captain
Is there anybody that has both the Romulan Hyper-Plasma launcher and the Omega launcher that can do a side by side comparison of these? Their actual mechanics are not explained at all in the reputation store. I keep hearing things about "charges" or "magazines", it's buggy on autofire or with projectile doffs, or...

General lack of solid information on these pieces of equipment, and I'm not about to spend that amount of resources on something unless I know what I'm getting.
Captain
# 2
01-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Is there anybody that has both the Romulan Hyper-Plasma launcher and the Omega launcher that can do a side by side comparison of these? Their actual mechanics are not explained at all in the reputation store. I keep hearing things about "charges" or "magazines", it's buggy on autofire or with projectile doffs, or...

General lack of solid information on these pieces of equipment, and I'm not about to spend that amount of resources on something unless I know what I'm getting.
I don't know anything about the Romulan launcher. The Omega Launcher is alot different then the other torpedoes in the game. It has a "magazine" of 5 torpedoes that has to recharge- I think it's something like 1 every 6 seconds, but I think mine is a little faster (bug or ability? don't know). So, you don't want to leave it on autofire. I used to leave my torps on auto-fire, with 2 PWOs and have a constant stream of torpedoes. You can't do that with Omega launcher or you'll be sitting around all day waiting for it to recharge. I still have my PWOs in my active roster, but I'm not sure they're doing any good.
Captain
# 3
01-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Omega Torpedo Launcher allows you to fire torpedoes in a row. There is a counter on the torpedo icon so when you go to zero, then you have to wait. High Yield creates a Plasma Torpedo that makes ships briefly disappear before they reappear and blow up assume the plasma proc is still in effect when the ship is destroyed. It takes about a second between each normal shot and 6 seconds after High Yield is activated to use the next shot. Torpedo Spread seems to be like regular torpedoes with it.

Hyper-Plasma Launcher has 3 torpedoes generated within a second or two. High Yield spawns 3 High Yield Plasma Torpedoes at once. Regular fire has each torpedo at about 60% the damage of regular plasma torpedoes and High Yield has each torpedo at about 45% the damage of regular High Yield Plasma Torpedoes. Torpedo Spread appears to spawn 2 torpedoes for every ship targeted. All the torpedoes are targettable.

The only fast torpedo of these is the regular Omega Torpedo. All the regular torpedoes are slow at reaching the target.
Captain
# 4
01-02-2013, 02:49 AM
The romulan launcher is a really fast launcher, with low damage per hit. Auto attack or nothing. The borg launcher have ammos, and you can use it to shoot quickly, or slowly. In the first case, you'll have to wait to fire again, in the other case, you can keep shooting at the same rate, but it require some micro management.

However, I found the romulan set better than the borg set. The borg set is all about hull damage, and is pretty inefficient against any shield. While the romulan set is efficient against shield, and still good against hull.

The Borg set is more interesting because of the novelty, while the romulan seems more efficient.

PVE point of vue, plasma on pvp ? Not so sure.
Rihannsu
# 5
01-02-2013, 04:10 AM
They are free on tribble from a ds9 vendor.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission