Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
I am still unable to even see the First Contact mission dialoge menu choice on my main character, Zeryn@Captain Zebular (with a space between Captain and Zebular, not an underscore). I reported this A LONG TIME AGO when it first happened.

I just submitted a new ticket:
[3:10] [System] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,372,752.

I am unable to see my past tickets (which is rather annoying... what happened to them all?), so here is the run down..

A LONG TIME AGO (year+, long before the DOff system) I unlocked first contact missions. I was in the Khazon Cluster when I unlocked it. I was also still there when I went into the dialoge menu and accepted the mission. Upon accepting the mission, it abruptly disappeared from my mission log and ever since then, the First Contact dialoge menu option has NEVER appeared in the list for Diplomatic Investigations.

So, I have never been able to even do ONE first contact mission on Zeryn.

Thankfully, I was finally (last night) able to do one for the first time on my alternate character, Nyrez, who recently unlocked that diplomacy level. Still... I'd like to be able to do these on my main Character too.

This is quite ridiculous that this has remained broken for SO LONG.

Thank you for your time.

[ Raptr ] [ @zebular | Join Date: Dec 2007 | @Captain_Ralubez ] [ BIOs ]

Last edited by zebular; 07-24-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-24-2012, 06:47 PM
I know back when this first happened, before I took a break from STO, there were quite a number of players affected by this bug. Does anyone know if it was ever addressed or anything? I am astonished that it is still broken, for me anyway.

Career Officer
# 3
07-24-2012, 11:18 PM
Still, the First Contact missions are now obsolete... You can quickly get much more Diplomatic Experience by doing the Duty Officer Diplomatic Assignments...
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-25-2012, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
Still, the First Contact missions are now obsolete... You can quickly get much more Diplomatic Experience by doing the Duty Officer Diplomatic Assignments...

Thanks but fun content is not obsolete to me. I rather enjoyed the First Contact I did on Nyrez. I play to have fun, not necessarily to get better nor to compete. Zeryn is maxed out on Diplomacy and has been since well before the DOff system. I'd still enjoy doing First Contact missions on him.

Captain
# 5
07-25-2012, 05:08 AM
We're talking about the first contact missions given out by Jiro Sugihara, right? As part of the Federation Diplomatic Corps stuff?

I wonder if this is related to the missing transwarps that other players have reported previously?

I get the first contact missions fine as well as the transwarps. Can you see all four transwarps?
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
We're talking about the first contact missions given out by Jiro Sugihara, right? As part of the Federation Diplomatic Corps stuff?

I wonder if this is related to the missing transwarps that other players have reported previously?

I get the first contact missions fine as well as the transwarps. Can you see all four transwarps?
Yeah, I have all the transwarps and yes this is the "First Contact" mission option, that (should) appears above the dialogue choice of "Diplomatic Investigations" when hailing Jiro. For Zeryn, the "First Contact" option just doesn't ever show up again when talking to Jiro, just the "Diplomatic Investigations" option.

Originally, back before the DOff system, this was thought to have been caused by trying to initiate the first, "First Contact" mission while in any of the Explore Clusters/Nebula. It was a wide-spread problem back then and was never fully addressed. I had hoped, that after a year and another small break from STO, that this would have been fixed by now.

My science character, Nyrez, who just recently got to tier 3 in diplomacy, is seeing the "First Contact" mission dialogue option just fine. I started it while in normal sector space on him, thankfully.

Last edited by zebular; 07-25-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-26-2012, 11:45 PM
Official recognition of this would be nice, especially considering just how long this has been an issue.

Thank you for your time.

Career Officer
# 8
07-27-2012, 12:03 AM
I'll chime in and report that same thing on my account (all characters.) They all use to get Dilopmatic First Contact missions from Jiro prior to Saeson 4 (over a year ago). I submmited more than 20 bug tickets on this back then and nothing was ever said by the dev team or anyone at Cryptic.

if you guys have remove dall the First contact missions from Jiro by all means, update his dialogue and interface to REMOVE any reference to them. It's ridiculous that no one at Cryptic EVER comment on this situation; and this isn't the first time in the past year that players have asked what's going on withn this part of STO - and have only been met with absolute silence from The STO Dev team on the issue.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
I'll chime in and report that same thing on my account (all characters.) They all use to get Dilopmatic First Contact missions from Jiro prior to Saeson 4 (over a year ago). I submmited more than 20 bug tickets on this back then and nothing was ever said by the dev team or anyone at Cryptic.

if you guys have remove dall the First contact missions from Jiro by all means, update his dialogue and interface to REMOVE any reference to them. It's ridiculous that no one at Cryptic EVER comment on this situation; and this isn't the first time in the past year that players have asked what's going on withn this part of STO - and have only been met with absolute silence from The STO Dev team on the issue.
It hasn't been removed. My science officer, Nyrez, thankfully didn't get bugged. He can still do the First Contact Missions. I believe what bugs it is when you try to talk to Jiro and accept/start the First Contact mission dialogue while within a Nebula/Exploration zone, which is what happened to Zeryn A YEAR AGO.

Still no word from Cryptic/PWE on this... *sighs*

Ensign
# 10
07-29-2012, 10:35 AM
I only got to Rank 3 about a week ago, only had 1 First Contact mission, and now no more diplomatic investigations.
Closed Thread