Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Galaxy-X Wishlist
12-07-2012, 04:58 PM
First off, I own the Galaxy-X Dreadnought and fly it all the time. I use Hakashens build and find it to work well. However, it is being left behind by all the new ships, so I would like to start a discussion about possible small improvements that could bring the ship back in line with other VA ships. Here are a few different ideas I've had:

1) Battle-Cloak: yes, this will most likely send full-time KDF (I probably spend 70% of my time on KDF myself) users into an uproar but it would give the Galaxy-X something unique on the Fed side, while not making it OP. I would also suggest that it not require a console slot.

OR

2) Remove the LT and Ensign Tac stations and replace with LTC tactical. And Reduce the cooldown time on the Phaser lance from 3 min to 2 min.

OR

3) This is not my idea, but it bears repeating; If the Galaxy-X is given Saucer Separation the phaser lance could be changed into a Wide Beam weapon.

OR

4) Remove the LT and Ensign Tac stations and replace with LTC tactical. And give the phaser lance the ability to do either a wide beam attack and the lance attack (each with a 3 min timer and shared cooldown) like we have now.

What do you guys think? I'm eager to hear what everyone else would like to see.
Captain
# 2
12-07-2012, 05:22 PM
My honest opinion is that you're never gonna make that ship work within the confines of STO's existing mechanics. Its intended roles just don't gel at all.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
12-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
My honest opinion is that you're never gonna make that ship work within the confines of STO's existing mechanics. Its intended roles just don't gel at all.
Considering a lot of people have already gotten it to work just fine in many circumstances I don't think that's true at all. I can't speak for PVP as I haven't tried it in this ship but it more than handles it's own in Elite STFs.
Captain
# 4
12-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasussgc View Post
Considering a lot of people have already gotten it to work just fine in many circumstances I don't think that's true at all. I can't speak for PVP as I haven't tried it in this ship but it more than handles it's own in Elite STFs.
Lol I should just stop posting outside the PvP board, this is all I ever really get from others.

I suppose it's fine in PvE but, you know, what isn't. In any case I'll politely bow out.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 5
12-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Probably never going to happen, but sometimes its fun to just have shipbuilding exercises.

A thought I had when they Featured it recently was to swap the tac officers to more engineers, and then turn the Commander into a Tactical BOFF. On one hand it dramatically increases offensive potential, letting you use CRF3 or APO3, but with a serious price too. No more ES3, EWP 2 or 3, DEM3, or Aux2Struct3. No dual EPTS3. No dual Tac Team without using up the Lt slot. 3 ensign eng slots to figure out. You'd almost have to use a dual Aux2Bat setup on it. I don't know if it'd be really powerful or really gimped in actual gameplay, but it struck me as a potentially very interesting idea.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
12-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Probably never going to happen, but sometimes its fun to just have shipbuilding exercises.

A thought I had when they Featured it recently was to swap the tac officers to more engineers, and then turn the Commander into a Tactical BOFF. On one hand it dramatically increases offensive potential, letting you use CRF3 or APO3, but with a serious price too. No more ES3, EWP 2 or 3, DEM3, or Aux2Struct3. No dual EPTS3. No dual Tac Team without using up the Lt slot. 3 ensign eng slots to figure out. You'd almost have to use a dual Aux2Bat setup on it. I don't know if it'd be really powerful or really gimped in actual gameplay, but it struck me as a potentially very interesting idea.
Not a bad idea, they could potentially accomplish this with making one of the stations Universal (the LTC one perhaps), forcing you to choose between Tac, Sci or ENG focus.
Captain
# 7
12-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasussgc View Post
Not a bad idea, they could potentially accomplish this with making one of the stations Universal (the LTC one perhaps), forcing you to choose between Tac, Sci or ENG focus.
Well I meant more specifically fixed, to intentionally create limitations and to not step on the Odyssey's schtick as 'the flexible cruiser.'
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
12-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Well I meant more specifically fixed, to intentionally create limitations and to not step on the Odyssey's schtick as 'the flexible cruiser.'
Ah, I see. I wouldn't be opposed to what you were referring to. It should be a more tactical focused ship. I would actually argue that if they did do this the ship's hull would need to be increased maybe 10%-15%, it being a Dreadnought and all.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
Lol I should just stop posting outside the PvP board, this is all I ever really get from others.

I suppose it's fine in PvE but, you know, what isn't. In any case I'll politely bow out.
We try to help....But when carebears havent had a taste of what real damage and tanking is because the game doesnt require it of them, they dont seem to understand what advice we give.
Captain
# 10
12-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyprodimus View Post
We try to help....But when carebears havent had a taste of what real damage and tanking is because the game doesnt require it of them, they dont seem to understand what advice we give.
And we love being condescended to, too. Really helps us especially appreciate the advice of those giving it.